Followers
Following
Name
Jack Wu
Country
United States
City/State
Fillmore, CA
Hello everyone. I've been shooting as a hobby for some time now but just recently got really serious about wanting to take this a step further than just point and shoot (I guess that's one good thing that came out of this Pandemic ;)). I used to shoot Canon but decided last year to go mirrorless and changed my entire setup to Sony. Started by purchasing a Sony a9 and Sony FE 24-105mm F4 G OSS. Took them with me to Italy last year and had so much fun with them that I came home and bought 2 more lenses (FE 85mm F1.4 GM and FE 16-35mm F2.8 GM). Just as I thought that I have all that I needed, I borrowed a friend's 70-200mm for a quick shoot and decided to add FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM to my collection.

I just had my 50th birthday and my wife said she didn't know what to get me. So I suggested that why not just let me pick out my own gift and she can pay for it. WELL, SHE AGREED. So, my shipment arrived today and the package contains a Sony a7r IV, FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM, and FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G. Needless to say, I am happier than a kid in a candy store. I am looking forward to putting them to good use and could really use lots of advice from everyone. Can't wait to start posting some photos and have everyone critique and provide suggestions for improvement.

Cheers for now!

Welcome Jack! Thanks for joining and a belated happy 50th birthday to you! :) What a very generous wife you have as well! Is her 50th also coming up soon then? ;)

I need a wife transplant!

Lol. Wife's 50th birthday is not for another 16 years. @Drewid She was my wife transplant! Been happily married for 7 years and have a 2-year old running around the house always telling you to take a picture of her. I guess it's the best way to practice action shots in different lighting situation :ROFLMAO:.

Back