Hello from Taiwan

MeowZzz

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Miao
Hi everyone, joined a while back, but am always so busy with work that I just have not gotten around to doing intro.... (soz)

I got back into shooting these last few years after a long long long time not picking up any cameras (they were film back then!) ---- weirdly nuff it was a ZV1 that got me back in, then a D700 joined it, then an A9. So largely Sony, kek.

What do I shoot? Well, anything, though not all that much in the way of humans, unless they're doing something interesting I s'pose... (ZV1 is great for this, slips in the pocket and whips out in a jiffy for candids).

When I can get out, I usually shoot birds and cats, squirrels, etc.

Birds here include black kites, falcons, blue magpies and oh what are they called (going to have to look it up...), egrets... to name a few that I know the names of(!)

I would love to get some owls in (we have one here the size of a fist), but, well, hmm, need to save up for other things; home renovations and the like, so less chance of that 200-600 any time soon -- so I am winging it with my AI Nikon 300/4.5.

What else? Umm, glad to be here, see ya 'round!

Welcome Miao and thanks for joining up here and introducing yourself. I don't think we have many members from Taiwan here, in fact you might even be the first! :) Home renovations do have a tendency to take money out of the camera funds that's for sure! Just let me know if you have any questions.

Welcome!
I connected through Taiwan once, but they never let us off the plane unfortunately. Taiwan is one of the countries I'd like to visit!

Welcome!
I connected through Taiwan once, but they never let us off the plane unfortunately. Taiwan is one of the countries I'd like to visit!
You should. There is plenty to see.

Hi everyone, joined a while back, but am always so busy with work that I just have not gotten around to doing intro.... (soz)

I got back into shooting these last few years after a long long long time not picking up any cameras (they were film back then!) ---- weirdly nuff it was a ZV1 that got me back in, then a D700 joined it, then an A9. So largely Sony, kek.

What do I shoot? Well, anything, though not all that much in the way of humans, unless they're doing something interesting I s'pose... (ZV1 is great for this, slips in the pocket and whips out in a jiffy for candids).

When I can get out, I usually shoot birds and cats, squirrels, etc.

Birds here include black kites, falcons, blue magpies and oh what are they called (going to have to look it up...), egrets... to name a few that I know the names of(!)

I would love to get some owls in (we have one here the size of a fist), but, well, hmm, need to save up for other things; home renovations and the like, so less chance of that 200-600 any time soon -- so I am winging it with my AI Nikon 300/4.5.

What else? Umm, glad to be here, see ya 'round!
Hi Miao, I love Taiwan, been there a few times on business, and I'm currently enjoying a Taiwanese Single Malt Whiskey (Kavalan), which was recently gifted to me. I very much like your blue magpies, and would like to see more of these please. I'm also interested in owls. We have one around my home in London. I can hear him most nights, but I've never seen him. Hope to capture him soon.

Keep shooting

Back