Mark Day
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Lincolnshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
My name is Mark,

I shoot aviation in the UK and live in close proximity to several RAF stations to fulfil my hobby. I'm also a keen airshow attendee, doing shows such as the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford, as well as several smaller events throughout the UK. I've only recently moved over to Sony after a number of years of being a Nikon shooter. I'm currently shooting a Sony A7iv paired to the 200-600mm G OSS and A7iii with the Sigma 100-400mm and after some difficulty getting used to a completely new system, I think I'm getting there

I've joined to get answers to questions I may have and show what I'm doing

Attachments

• Wednesday - 3 stars-274.jpg
    Wednesday - 3 stars-274.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 30
Welcome from another Airshow fan. We look forward to seeing your images.

Welcome. I love shooting airshows, unfortunately the local show (Thunder Over Michigan) changed attendance policies during COVID and never went back, so I've stopped going. There's actually another show an hour and half away (Selfridge Air National Guard) just never seem to be able to find the time.

My gear is similar, A7 IV, A7R III, Sony 200-600 and Sigma 100-400. I bought the 200-600 the same day I bought the A7 IV, which was the release date in 2021, and haven't shot an airshow since!

Looking forward to seeing your work.

My name is Mark,

I shoot aviation in the UK and live in close proximity to several RAF stations to fulfil my hobby. I'm also a keen airshow attendee, doing shows such as the Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford, as well as several smaller events throughout the UK. I've only recently moved over to Sony after a number of years of being a Nikon shooter. I'm currently shooting a Sony A7iv paired to the 200-600mm G OSS and A7iii with the Sigma 100-400mm and after some difficulty getting used to a completely new system, I think I'm getting there

Welcome Mark! Looking forward to see your aviation shots.

My name is Mark,

HI Mark and welcome to the group. Did you get any photographs from the Duxford Battle of Britain airshow last weekend (16/17 Sept)? I'd love to see them, post them in the forum if you have any.

HI Mark and welcome to the group. Did you get any photographs from the Duxford Battle of Britain airshow last weekend (16/17 Sept)? I'd love to see them, post them in the forum if you have any.
I'm afraid I didn't go to that one, though looking at the pictures my friends got, I wish a did 🤣

Back