Help choosing the correct gimbal

Greenmekon

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
S Tower
Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a Sony A7 iii and have started to make some videos using a Moza aircross gimbal.

Unfortunately I did not read up properly and that gimbal is not fully compatible with the Sony camera in terms of remote shooting.

I am in the position to buy a new gimbal, but I am having trouble choosing between the Moza Air 2 and the Moza Aircross 2.

Any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any experience of using any of these.

Thanks alot

.... I am having trouble choosing between the Moza Air 2 and the Moza Aircross 2. Any comments/feedback would be greatly appreciated....
Welcome to the forum. My best advice would be to also check YouTube for reviews. This forum has not yet gathered a large number of video people who may have owned your two options. Certainly doesn’t hurt to ask, but if you’re close to pulling the trigger, you may have better feedback from YouTube. Just a thought to save you time. Good luck. For example:

Sample Gimbal review

Thanks for your reply. I have spent quite a few hours on YouTube checking reviews and I am still none the wiser, like any review it is just someone's opinion. I will check out a few more and then go with my gut feeling 👍

I've owned two feiyutech gimbals but to be honest, they were poor choices.
First gimbal I bought was the smallest one I could find that would accommodate either a gopro or a6000, but it wouldn't support the latter with anything but a 16-50 kit lens.
Second and current gimbal is a Feiyutech g6max and it is bigger but still won't take balance my a6400 with some of the lenses I own (like the sigma 16mm 1.4). However I do think the feature set has improved and I think if I give Feiyutech another chance, (ak2000c maybe), I'll have what I want.

I have not used the ones you mentioned, nor the feature set you want (the USB connection with camera) so I guess my only input is:
  • make sure you research capacity with largest lens in mind
  • research youtube for user tutorials
  • if all else fails, rent one from somewhere like www.borrowlenses.com or the UK equivalent so you can get some first hand experience with the gimbal you have narrowed it down to.
Good luck!

There are few things worse than a purchase mistake. Don't ask me how I know!

Thanks for your advice and comments, it is appreciated. After alot of research it looks like the Zhiyun Weebill-S would be a good choice. It seems to handle the a7 iii well with a bigger lens. It is also quite compact so will fit in my bag along with my camera and lenses.

Back