Help with lost images

Soundmike

Followers
Following
Name
John Cawthorn
Hi ,just wondered if anyone on the forum can help . Today I downloaded some photos from my memory card directly to my computer no problem , but when I put the card back in the camera where the image is supposed to be it just shows a question mark . You may want to know why I need to view them on the camera when I've successfully uploaded them to the computer . The reason is another problem ,I like to show photos on the TV and for some reason it will only work with a hdmi cable directly from camera to the TV . Any help would be appreciated thanks Mike .

Sounds like you removed them from the card. The camera still sees a shadow of the file structure and is therefor showing the question mark. If you run the recover image DB on the camera stop showing the question mark and just show the empty card. If you want the images back on the card you will need to copy them back onto the card from the computer.

Sounds like you removed them from the card. The camera still sees a shadow of the file structure and is therefor showing the question mark. If you run the recover image DB on the camera stop showing the question mark and just show the empty card. If you want the images back on the card you will need to copy them back onto the card from the computer.
Thanks for the information ,I'll give it a try next time I'm on the computer .

I use Sandisk and the offer a fee recovery software with the purchase. Your caed manufacture might have the same

Thanks ,this is the first time I've used Sony tough cards ,although SanDisk is my usual one . As David kindly remarked the problem was I think I erased some blurry pictures with the card still in the computer ,then when the card was back in the camera I didn't realise it shows the deleted image as a question mark . My fault really I rarely edit my photos as I'm not brilliant at it ,the joy of getting out there and enjoying nature is too much of a pull for me . Maybe when the body tells me to slow down I'll get round to sorting out the thousands of images I've got .

Back