Following
Name
Mark
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
Hi

I’m Mark a Pro Photographer from London/Essex. I have been shooting Sony for around 6 years now, having shot Canon and Nikon in the past.

I’ve owned most of the Sony cameras and lenses at some point and am willing to give my 2p of wisdom to anyone willing to listen if you’re thinking of buying. 😉

Currently running two A9’s and an A7riii
A mixture of Sony, Tamron and Sigma lenses.

Cheers

Mark

Greetings. Welcome to the Forum.

Hi

I’m Mark a Pro Photographer from London/Essex. I have been shooting Sony for around 6 years now, having shot Canon and Nikon in the past.

I’ve owned most of the Sony cameras and lenses at some point and am willing to give my 2p of wisdom to anyone willing to listen if you’re thinking of buying. 😉

Cheers

Mark

Last edited:
Welcome Mark would be interesting to hear your opinion on Tamron and Sigma lenses.

Attachments

• Welcome.gif
    Welcome.gif
    623.6 KB · Views: 15
Welcome Mark would be interesting to hear your opinion on Tamron and Sigma lenses.
Hi

I own the trilogy of tamron lenses, 17-28 28-75 75-180 and highly recommend them. Super sharp, light, fast focussing and very durable.
I’ve owned a few sigma lenses in the past, but now only have one. These lenses are some of the sharpest I’ve used with focussing to match any Sony lens. My pick of the Sigma lenses are the 135 1.8 and my all time favourite which I still have, the 85 1.4.

If you need a wide lens, the Sony 24 1.4 is a stunner!

cheers

Mark

Thanks for the reply Mark much appreciated 🙏

Welcome and thanks for joining up here and saying hello to us all Mark! If you have any questions about this site please don't hesitate to ask.

Hi

Cheers

Mark
Hi Mark, I'm a full time employed high end Jewellery photographer in Bond Street London, I use a Mamiya 645DF with Leaf digital back and macro lens, I also use a Canon 5D MKiv for some model shots and social media images... Basically i'm in the process of switching over to Sony's mirrorless system, and awaiting delivery of the α7R iv(a) i need to choose the best macro lens, I have read a couple of reviews that prefer the Sigma 105mm F2.8 DG DN Macro over the Sony FE 90mm OSS , I shoot in studio with flash on tripod.. anyone here compared the 2 lenses or have any comments on alternatives?, really appreciate your time , cheers, Rob.

Attachments

• RING PADPARADCHA KITE 11041042_B.jpg
    RING PADPARADCHA KITE 11041042_B.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 17
Back