Followers
Following
Name
Jeff Westmoreland
Country
United States
City/State
Tulsa, OK
I'm from Oklahoma, currently living in Tulsa. I've been into photography on/off for over 40 years. I was recently forced into an early retirement and decided to pick it back up and get caught up on the latest tech. My last "real" camera was a Canon A1, which I still have. Bought a used Nikon D7000 a couple of years ago, but couldn't ever get it to focus consistently so, after much research, bought an a6600. That was a week ago, and I'm already hooked on Sony! Hoping to participate in the challenges and learn from everyone here!

Welcome! I think you'll be surprised with the image quality of the APSC lineup given the right conditions. I would have bought the a6600, but it wasn't announced yet when I purchased my a6400. What lens(es) are you pairing with the a6600?

Greetings

Welcome! I think you'll be surprised with the image quality of the APSC lineup given the right conditions. I would have bought the a6600, but it wasn't announced yet when I purchased my a6400. What lens(es) are you pairing with the a6600?
I purchased it with the 18-135 lens. So far, I'm really liking the lens. I will be getting a couple of primes as soon as money permits. I really struggled with the decision between the a6400 and a6600. In the end, I wanted the IBIS. I've never had very steady hands, and the stabilization is helping!

That's a great jack of all trades lens, especially if you're only taking photos during the day or in brightly lit situations. The 2.8 zooms (Sony, Tamron, Sigma) are great for indoors or varied scenarios, but you miss the reach of the 18-135.

Primes are really good on our cameras. The Sigma Trio are worth the hype. The Sony 35 f1.8 is amazing too with lightweight design and sharp photos.
Enjoy!

That's a great jack of all trades lens, especially if you're only taking photos during the day or in brightly lit situations. The 2.8 zooms (Sony, Tamron, Sigma) are great for indoors or varied scenarios, but you miss the reach of the 18-135.

Primes are really good on our cameras. The Sigma Trio are worth the hype. The Sony 35 f1.8 is amazing too with lightweight design and sharp photos.
Enjoy!
I appreciate the info! I've been leaning toward the Sigma lenses. I hope to be able to get at least a couple of them right after Christmas. :cool:(y)

Someone from where a Blackjack is a tree. You started off getting a good camera and now you have jumped into a good group for support and education. You'll have fun here. And welcome. And you will love that camera more the longer you have it.

Last edited:
I don't suppose I should broach the Sooners - Cornhuskers controversies, wars really. ;o) We're glad you are here. You'll find a lot of helpful people.

Back