Name
David Nunn
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Dorset
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi everyone, just joined today so thought I’d drop a line .
I took delivery of my new A7iii + 24-105 + 200-600 a couple of weeks ago and must have watched a thousand YouTube videos on how to set them up and how to use them. I guess I need to get out and use them a bit more to see if the settings I’ve chosen are actually the best ones for me. This is my first mirrorless camera and first new camera for quite a few years. Oh, how tech. has moved on since my 1st camera back in 1979 - an Olympus OM1 with 28, 50, 70-210 & 500 cat.
The advent of auto iOS and ability to get good shots with high ISO numbers (compared to the old film cameras) hopefully will allow me to shoot moving birds/wildlife and get acceptable results.

I’m looking forward to keeping track of the various threads on this forum and hopefully can learn a few things in the process.

Cheers.

Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum David. Your intro reminds me of when I got mt A73 just 10 months ago. I followed some PROBABLY good advice for camera setup, not really knowing what I was doing, and even worse, not remembering what I did. Now that I'm using a little more and getting an idea of what I would need, I'm re-doing much o9f what I did. It's a process, I guess and doing some setups I didn't really need was at least, instructional. Lots to learn from the members here. Many good and talented people here. Have fun with your A73.

Welcome to the forum David and congrats on the new a7III and lenses. Definitely get out and shoot as much as possible, then if you have any questions head back here and we'll try our best to help you out. Thanks for joining!

Back