I can see you .....

Tim Driman

Followers
Following
Sometimes in the bush, you can just sense that something is watching at you, but you can't see anything obvious! :oops:

When I scan the bush, looking for animals or movement, I use an old trick to allow my eyes to go out of focus, and then look for any slight movement, which is far easier to detect than scanning for a specific subject, especially if you have no idea of exactly what to expect.... Once a slight movement is detected, I focus sharply on that movement.... It works really well :sneaky:

In this instance, I detected a very slight movement next to the top of a termite mound.... It just needed the twitch of an ear, and as my eye focus sharpened, it belonged to a young cheetah which had been watching us, and had flicked a fly off it's ear... :)

Sony A9i / Sony 400mm f2.8+2xTC

Attachments

• _DSC0132.jpg
    _DSC0132.jpg
    327.6 KB · Views: 76
Interesting insight. Great photo!

Sometimes in the bush, you can just sense that something is watching at you, but you can't see anything obvious! :oops:

When I scan the bush, looking for animals or movement, I use an old trick to allow my eyes to go out of focus, and then look for any slight movement, which is far easier to detect than scanning for a specific subject, especially if you have no idea of exactly what to expect.... Once a slight movement is detected, I focus sharply on that movement.... It works really well :sneaky:

In this instance, I detected a very slight movement next to the top of a termite mound.... It just needed the twitch of an ear, and as my eye focus sharpened, it belonged to a young cheetah which had been watching us, and had flicked a fly off it's ear... :)

Sony A9i / Sony 400mm f2.8+2xTC
Love this, stunning shot!

Back