Blake81

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Blake Sorg
I typically shoot wildlife but I had to give this a try. I found it to be visually pleasing. Thoughts?
1-1-76.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 2000

There's symmetry and leading lines at work here; its got the makings of a classic landscape composition. Very nice, and somewhat calming to look at.
It looks like it was man-made (or at least planned/planted by humans) but it seems unusual to have a standalone tree in the middle of 2 parallel rows of trees?

I cleaned up some noise on this one.
1-1-84.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/18
  • 1/640 sec
  • ISO 2000

There's symmetry and leading lines at work here; its got the makings of a classic landscape composition. Very nice, and somewhat calming to look at.
It looks like it was man-made (or at least planned/planted by humans) but it seems unusual to have a standalone tree in the middle of 2 parallel rows of trees?
They are pecan trees. The tree in the center is actually another row of trees where they shifted it over when planting them. I may have to spend some time learning landscape photography!

They are pecan trees. The tree in the center is actually another row of trees where they shifted it over when planting them. I may have to spend some time learning landscape photography!
Oh, that makes perfect sense now. The end result of that orchard planning is the symmetry. However, the fact that it caught your eye, plus your choice of the exact spot you stood in, or positioned the camera, plus the coincidence of weather conditions, and the editing... THAT is all part of Landscape Photography.
I want to do more landscape photography myself. I can never get enough!

Very nice image

I follow Mark Denny. Excellent landscape photographer.

Back