If you could only have three APS-C E-Mount lenses what would they be and why?

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Melodic_Hammond

Newcomer
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 20, 2020
Name
Adam Hammond
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Falkirk
The Sigma trio (16mm, 30mm & 56mm all F1.4) due to the quality for the price and the ability to get great shots in low lighting.

I currently have the Sigma 30mm F1.4 and I plan to get the other two lenses so please note that i can only go off information i have read online for the other two lenses at this stage as i do not own them.

I am interested to see what other peoples choice would be and why as this could help me and others in the forum when buying APS-C E-Mount lenses going forward.

Thanks
Adam

Joe Blackcreek

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Aug 20, 2020
Country
United States
City/State
Columbus Georgia
I wanted wide, telephoto med and Long telephoto. So, my lens purchases are, Sigma 19mm-f2.8, Tamron 28-75mm- f2.8, and the new Sigma 100-400mm. I would love a Sigma 30mm f1.4 as well, for super low light.
I shoot indoor family stuff, and outdoor wildlife mostly. Lens choice based on content. If I shot a lot of Landscape stuff, I would love all the lenses you listed, Sigma seems top-notch to me, and my Tamron is amazing, I can't justify Sony G lenses financially.
Shooting a Sony A6500.

Reactions: Melodic_Hammond

Kellison

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 30, 2020
Name
Kim
Country
United States
City/State
Canyon Lake, Tx
I'm shooting with the A6500 as well. For my dogs when they aren't moving much, I like the Sony 50mm f1.8; for telephoto, I love my FE 100-400 mm f4.5-5.6GM, and for wide, Sony 10-18 f4. The FE 100-400 will work for full-frame also which is nice for me since I will probably upgrade to a full-frame for my next camera.

JC Photography

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Justin Childress
Country
United States
City/State
Carthage, NC
Rokinon 12mm, Sigma 30mm, and the 70-350mm G although I sold this lens (regret it everyday) to purchase the 200-600mm.

seuadr

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 2, 2020
Name
Jared
Country
United States
City/State
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
sigma 16 1.4, 18-135 and 200-600 (only one i don't actually already have is the 200-600, i'm currently using the 150-600 sigma, but this is my end goal)

JaniceP

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Sep 23, 2020
I have the Sigma 30 2.8, Sigma 60 2.8 and the Sony 18-105 f4. Great combo.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.