Introducing myself

Graemey

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Hi all. Decided a few years ago to finally start getting a bit more serious about my photos. Bought an A5100 and was so impressed I invested in a few lenses. Sigma 16 F1.4, Sony 18-135, Sigma 56 and Sony 70-350. Continued to be impressed so sold the A5100 and bought an A6400.

Still getting to grips with the features, but loving the difference from my old compact.
Now just need to make my mind up about a flashgun.

Welcome! I've got the a6400 as well, but you've got two of the lenses that always catch my eye; the Sigma 56 and the Sony 70-350. My wallet lives in fear whenever I browse lenses online :ROFLMAO:

The 56 is just stunning. I took a few portraits during the heavy snow this winter and the results were beyond anything I thought I could ever capture. Has definitely inspired me to keep improving my skills.

The 56 is just stunning. I took a few portraits during the heavy snow this winter and the results were beyond anything I thought I could ever capture. Has definitely inspired me to keep improving my skills.
I have the Sony 35mm f1.8 and that's how I felt about that lens: it makes me want to improve my portrait skills because I always get compliments when taking pictures with it. I can only imagine that the Sigma 56 is even better!

The 56 is just stunning. I took a few portraits during the heavy snow this winter and the results were beyond anything I thought I could ever capture. Has definitely inspired me to keep improving my
I have the Sony 35mm f1.8 and that's how I felt about that lens: it makes me want to improve my portrait skills because I always get compliments when taking pictures with it. I can only imagine that the Sigma 56 is even better!
Do you use a flash? I’ve posted a separate thread, but I need to buy one in the next few weeks and the choice is bewildering.

Do you use a flash? I’ve posted a separate thread, but I need to buy one in the next few weeks and the choice is bewildering.
I admit, this is one area I am still utterly hopeless in. Since getting the camera almost 2 years ago, I have focused on using available light because I hated the results from the on-board flash so much! I am watching your other thread with interest!

Back