Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Congratulations to last months competition winners and a big thanks to everyone who took part. I'll be in touch with you soon to arrange the prizes.

1st place with 9 votes was @WeeMalky with a cracking shot of a red kite.
2nd place with 7 votes was @spudhead with his lovely barbary ape and baby.
3rd place with 6 votes was @Angieb with a stunning lion that looks like it hasn't left anything go to waste!

For June there's no theme again simply because this seems to encourage the most entries for now.

Competition Dates
Entries start: The date that this post is published.
Entries end: June 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting starts: June 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting ends: June 27th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)

What Do I Get if I Win?
1st Place - The first place winner will receive a $50 (US Dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon (you can choose depending on your country and preference).
2nd Place - The second place winner will receive a $25 (US dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon.
3rd Place - The third place winner will receive a $20 (US dollar) voucher for B&H Photo OR Amazon.

There are no alternative prize options or cash options, so if you are unable to accept a B&H or Amazon voucher I'm afraid you will miss out on the prize.

If your local currency is something other than US dollars then the above amounts will be converted based on the exchange rate at the time.

In the event of a draw the entry date will be extended but not past the last day of the month. If there are still equal votes for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place then the entry prizes will be split. I can't think of a better way of doing this for the time-being! If this happens I may also only be able to offer Amazon vouchers since $20 is the minimum for B&H.

How to Enter + Rules
  1. Simply post your entry below. It will be best to insert the image as full-size rather than a thumbnail.
  2. Only one photo entry per member
  3. Keep the photos clean and family friendly
  4. Sony cameras only
  5. Archived shots are allowed
  6. Don't use sky replacements
How to Vote (when voting opens)
  1. Use the vote button (up arrow) to the right of the post (below post on mobile) to vote up images that you like
  2. You can vote on as many images as you like apart from your own
Feedback
I'd really appreciate feedback about how the competition is running but please don't post it in this thread. Instead please post any feedback in this thread in the Feedback Forum.

Thank you for participating and good luck!

Tim

Milky Way over African veld

A1_05735-Min Horizon Noise.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 14mm F1.8 GM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 20 sec
  • ISO 8000

Upvote 9
Little Terns on Winterton Beach. They have recently arrived for breeding season, and the males bring sandeels to present to the female in the hope of pairing up. The female was ignoring the advances of the 2 with food as the other whizzed by.
DSC01558 copy.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/10
  • 1/6400 sec
  • ISO 2000

Upvote 6
Male Kingfisher that spent much of late winter / early spring on a local pool hunting .
SCD05461-Edit-1.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/4000 sec
  • ISO 8000

Upvote 5
Jason Wright - Ferrari 458 GT3 - Masters Endurance Legends - Brands Hatch
Jason WRIGHT Ferrari 458 GT3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 547.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 250

Upvote 3
Momma Badger bringing dinner in for the cub.
Badger with squirrel -.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 600mm F4 GM OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/1250 sec
  • ISO 400

Upvote 8
So many incredible pictures... I wouldn't know how to compete! I guess I'll just upload something I shot from my backyard, because it looks pretty.
_DSC1893.jpg
  • ILCE-6400
  • E PZ 18-105mm F4 G OSS
  • 47.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/320 sec
  • ISO 100

Upvote 3
Here’s Meg - a rescue pooch. When she was found she was emaciated and barely had fur. She’s got a loving home and looks amazing. ❤️
59D725F0-2C5F-4084-AFF1-CAACB5EBDA1D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 3
blackbird coming in fast and very low
blackbird 2022 1.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Sony FE 200–600mm F5.6–6.3 G OSS (SEL200600G)
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 4000

Upvote 5
Heron soaring over the local golf course @ Prestwick Scotland
Prestwick Soaring Heron .jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • 541.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 640

Upvote 5
It looks like we have a tie for 1st and 2nd right now, so I'm going to extend the voting until June 29th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT).

Upvote 0
Congratulations to the winners from our June competition and a big thanks to everyone who took part.

1st place with 9 votes was @etiennescamera with their shot of the Milky Way over African Veld. I think this is the first none wildlife photo to ever win one of our competitions, so well done Etienne!

2nd place with 8 votes was @Angieb with Momma Badger bringing back the dinner for her cub.

3rd place with 7 votes was @Deleted Member 5003 with his very angry but amazingly colourful grackle.

I'll be in touch with you soon to arrange the prizes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Metadata must be embedded with image entries. Entries must of been taken in the current or previous two months. Sony cameras only.
Back