Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Kodak UHS II V90 cards inquiry

MathuStans

Followers
Following
Name
Stanley G. Mathu
Country
Kenya
City/State
Nairobi
After recently upgrading to A7R III, i feel the need to upgrade the memory card as well.
Among my options are the Kodak memory cards stated in the title above.
I am however skeptical about their performance and durability given their lower than expected prices compared to Sandisk Extreme Pro.
Does anyone here have experience with Kodak Memory Cards, and whats your opinion?

Attachments

• KODAK-SD-ULTRA-PRO-UHS-II-U3-V90-128gb.jpg
    KODAK-SD-ULTRA-PRO-UHS-II-U3-V90-128gb.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 45
Sony Tough cards. Seriously. That little lock switch is eliminated, along with all the problems that go with them. I have a 128 in the A slot and a 64 in the B slot on both my A7 IV and A7RIII.

Here is a site that tests SD cards but they don't have Kodak on the list. I am not sure who is actually making Kodak cards. I personally have only owned Sony, ProGrade and Lexar and have not had any issues with any of them over 5 years.

Here is a site that tests SD cards but they don't have Kodak on the list. I am not sure who is actually making Kodak cards. I personally have only owned Sony, ProGrade and Lexar and have not had any issues with any of them over 5 years.

PSHAW!

This very site has that information available. Top of this page, click Blog and Resources. Then click memory cards. All of the camera manuals are there too.

@Timothy Mayo, this is further proof you need to make your resources page MORE OBVIOUS. For Pete's sake, you have people recommending other sites for the same resources because no one knows they're there!

I'd also have it by type of Card instead of for camera.

I've had the link to that site for a while so I didn't even think about checking here.

I've had the link to that site for a while so I didn't even think about checking here.
I had checked here in the memory cards section under resources and there isn't any mention of KODAK memory cards in any of all those reviews, hence prompting me to start this thread to see if any individuals here have used KODAK memory cards before.

It seems like i will have to just to risk and go ahead and buy one then update here on the user feed back as time goes. The value proposition on the Kodak uhs ii V90 cards is that they are around half price of other cards like sandisk extreme pro

What I know about the Kodak company, it's just the name that remained. 10 years ago, companies could purchase the name to slapped the logo on everything possible. if there is a money back guaranty, maybe worth to try it.

Memory cards can perform differently in different cameras hence the reason for testing them in-camera not just with a card reader/writer like you'll find at havecamerawilltravel.

PSHAW!

This very site has that information available. Top of this page, click Blog and Resources. Then click memory cards. All of the camera manuals are there too.

@Timothy Mayo, this is further proof you need to make your resources page MORE OBVIOUS. For Pete's sake, you have people recommending other sites for the same resources because no one knows they're there!

Guess I'll have to put my thinking cap on again! :) I wouldn't mind if the shared resource made the effort to test them in-camera, but they don't.

After recently upgrading to A7R III, i feel the need to upgrade the memory card as well.
Among my options are the Kodak memory cards stated in the title above.
I am however skeptical about their performance and durability given their lower than expected prices compared to Sandisk Extreme Pro.
Does anyone here have experience with Kodak Memory Cards, and whats your opinion?
I've not tested the Kodak cards in the a7R III, but in most of my other tests the Kingston Canvas React Plus card performs very well, normally on par with the more expensive Sony Tough cards. The 128GB Kingston Canvas React Plus card appears to be cheaper than the Kodak cards on Amazon as well, but I'm not sure about the prices in Kenya or if you can get the Kingston cards there.

I've not tested the Kodak cards in the a7R III, but in most of my other tests the Kingston Canvas React Plus card performs very well, normally on par with the more expensive Sony Tough cards. The 128GB Kingston Canvas React Plus card appears to be cheaper than the Kodak cards on Amazon as well, but I'm not sure about the prices in Kenya or if you can get the Kingston cards there.
Kenya we mostly have Sandisk extreme pro, unfortunately the UHS II aren't available. But Anything not Available locally i easily order from AliExpress, Alibaba or, like recently, B&H.

Let me check out more reviews on that Kingston Canvas React Plus card

So far so good, with the Kodak UHS - II V90 Card.

I have been using it for 5 months now

New in Marketplace

Back