Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Level on rear screen

TerryL

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Terry
Country
United States
City/State
Virginia
Hello folks,
How do I turn this feature off. Thank you.
Terry

There is a menu option to exclude Display/EVF modes you never want to see, so you can just cycle through the ones you might want. Might be camera dependent, but I think that even my a6000 has it. So you can turn it really, really off!

(It's my go to screen. I'm useless at getting stuff level without it)

Keep pressing the up button on the wheel at the back with the screen on. It will scroll through the display options.
Thank you Dave. Are you referring to the top of the wheel? Nothing says up or down. I’m charging my battery right now but I will try when it’s done. I will just hit the top of the wheel and see what happens.

Last edited:
There is a menu option to exclude Display/EVF modes you never want to see, so you can just cycle through the ones you might want. Might be camera dependent, but I think that even my a6000 has it. So you can turn it really, really off!

(It's my go to screen. I'm useless at getting stuff level without it)
Thank you Thad. You sure are a long ways away.

That did it. Thank you very much.:)

Are you referring to the top of the wheel? Nothing says up or down

It has the function of 'up' when the wheel is doing up, down, left right.

Otherwise, it is DISP, and may well have that written on it. Sony-abbreviate for DISPLAY. I think, that it is the only one of the four direction buttons that can't be reprogrammed. Depending on your camera maybe.

And yes, I am a long way away! Can you hear me ok from over there? ;)

It has the function of 'up' when the wheel is doing up, down, left right.

Otherwise, it is DISP, and may well have that written on it. Sony-abbreviate for DISPLAY. I think, that it is the only one of the four direction buttons that can't be reprogrammed. Depending on your camera maybe.

And yes, I am a long way away! Can you hear me ok from over there? ;)
So, I can bring the level back by pressing the bottom of the wheel? I have the A7R IV and there is no writing on the wheel. You have been very helpful. Thank you, Thad.

So, I can bring the level back by pressing the bottom of the wheel? I have the A7R IV and there is no writing on the wheel. You have been very helpful. Thank you, Thad.
No, you just keep pressing Up - there’s a loop of display options (and you can choose how many are in the loop - there is a page of check boxes where you can turn off the ones you don’t want) - press Up enough times and you’ll see.

Last edited:
No, you just keep pressing Up - there’s a loop of display options (and you can choose how many are in the loop - there is a page of check boxes where you can turn off the ones you don’t want) - press Up enough times and you’ll see.
Thank you Tony. That is very helpful.
Terry

Yep. Tony has told.

I have the A7iv and it does say "DISP," as it did on my aps-c cameras. And it is not a programmable button.

"Left" is shooting mode, which I rarely change and I programmed it to White Balance
"Right" is ISO, which I left as is, but is programmable.
"Down" is not labelled. I set it to Insert Divider Frame.

I strongly recommend that you get one book, either Friedman or Busch. They beat the Sony Help Guide hands down, describing not only every option of every setting, but also why we might want to use it, or not. Youtube videos are an alternative, I do that too, but (call me old-fashioned) nothing beats a physical "reference manual."

Almost certainly you will find all sorts of stuff that your camera does that you didn't know about! As "camera accessories" go, I'd say it is cheapest and best!

I use the function button all the time. I’ll have to try wheel more. You’ve been a big help, thank b you Thad.

Solution
Yep. Tony has told.

I have the A7iv and it does say "DISP," as it did on my aps-c cameras. And it is not a programmable button.

"Left" is shooting mode, which I rarely change and I programmed it to White Balance
"Right" is ISO, which I left as is, but is programmable.
"Down" is not labelled. I set it to Insert Divider Frame.

I strongly recommend that you get one book, either Friedman or Busch. They beat the Sony Help Guide hands down, describing not only every option of every setting, but also why we might want to use it, or not. Youtube videos are an alternative, I do that too, but (call me old-fashioned) nothing beats a physical "reference manual."

Almost certainly you will find all sorts of stuff that your camera does that you didn't know about! As "camera accessories" go, I'd say it is cheapest and best!
I knew they were there too. But I didn’t think they had anything to do with the rear dial.

New in Marketplace

Back