Looking for a Travel lens (Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Model B028)

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

HEX16

Original poster
Followers
Following
Jan 17, 2021
Name
Richard W Johnson
Hi,
I am looking for a Travel lens (Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Model B028 currently only available for Nikon and Canon mounts). I wondering if anyone has heard if this lens will become available for the E-Mount (APS-C or Full). I would rather work in native mode and not spend the money for a Canon to Sony adaptor mount.

Has anyone here used the Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Model B028 with an adaptor (full auto only)?

Any feed back on these adaptors?

FotodioX Pro Fusion Plus Smart AF Adapter? $150​

Sigma MC-11 Mount Converter/Lens Adapter? (best bet??) $199​

Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount? (very pricy) $400​

Thanks in advance.

Sigma MC-11 or

Nancy Grinberg

Novice Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 24, 2020
Name
Nancy Grinberg
7artisans new lens 35mm F0.95 would be great! I really enjoy with this lens so far...

HEX16

Original poster
Followers
Following
Jan 17, 2021
Name
Richard W Johnson
7artisans new lens 35mm F0.95 would be great! I really enjoy with this lens so far...
Thanks, but no. I am looking for a full range single lens to take with me on walkabouts. I currently own a Tamron 18 - 270 in a A-mount. I want to at least replicate this in a E-mount.
I want a Macro - Telephoto and Wide-angle in one lens, like the 18 - 270. As stated above, Tamron has a 18 - 400 for Nikon and Canon. I am looking to see if anyone has tried a Sigma MC-11 with a Tamron for Canon on an E-mount Sony, and how well the auto focus hold up.
Thanks

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Malvern
The Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD could be an option:

Would pair well with the Tamron 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A if you need something wider:

HEX16

Original poster
Followers
Following
Jan 17, 2021
Name
Richard W Johnson
The Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD could be an option:

Would pair well with the Tamron 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A if you need something wider:
Thank you Tim,

I currently have a Sony 70 - 350mm nice lens but I am constantly taking off to use my Sigma 90mm Macro, than off with that and back to Wide Angle for landscape. That 18 - 400 would do the trick. But I will take a look at 17 - 70. Hopping Tamron will create this lens for the E- mount.

Thanks

Ivanturas

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 17, 2020
Name
Iván Fuentes Hagar
What about Sigma's 18-300 C? 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM. I believe it's available for E-mount, and while not as versatile as your desired 18-400, it should be useful for most cases, I think.

HEX16

Original poster
Followers
Following
Jan 17, 2021
Name
Richard W Johnson
What about Sigma's 18-300 C? 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM. I believe it's available for E-mount, and while not as versatile as your desired 18-400, it should be useful for most cases, I think.
I wish, that would work for me, but the mount is only for Canon, Nikon and Sigma (Yes Sigma now makes its on camera body now) No Sony E-mount here either. Feels like this is a hole that somebody should fill. I wish someone could tell me if the Sigma MC-11 Adaptor will work well with the Tamron 18-400. It’s quite a bit of money to spend without knowing for sure if they will play nice together on my A6500.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.