Looking for a Travel lens (Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Model B028)

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

HEX16

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Richard W Johnson
Hi,
I am looking for a Travel lens (Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Model B028 currently only available for Nikon and Canon mounts). I wondering if anyone has heard if this lens will become available for the E-Mount (APS-C or Full). I would rather work in native mode and not spend the money for a Canon to Sony adaptor mount.

Has anyone here used the Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC HLD Model B028 with an adaptor (full auto only)?

Any feed back on these adaptors?

FotodioX Pro Fusion Plus Smart AF Adapter? $150​

Sigma MC-11 Mount Converter/Lens Adapter? (best bet??) $199​

Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Sony E Mount? (very pricy) $400​

Thanks in advance.

Sigma MC-11 or

7artisans new lens 35mm F0.95 would be great! I really enjoy with this lens so far...

7artisans new lens 35mm F0.95 would be great! I really enjoy with this lens so far...
Thanks, but no. I am looking for a full range single lens to take with me on walkabouts. I currently own a Tamron 18 - 270 in a A-mount. I want to at least replicate this in a E-mount.
I want a Macro - Telephoto and Wide-angle in one lens, like the 18 - 270. As stated above, Tamron has a 18 - 400 for Nikon and Canon. I am looking to see if anyone has tried a Sigma MC-11 with a Tamron for Canon on an E-mount Sony, and how well the auto focus hold up.
Thanks

The Tamron 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD could be an option:

Would pair well with the Tamron 17-70mm F/2.8 Di III-A if you need something wider:
Thank you Tim,

I currently have a Sony 70 - 350mm nice lens but I am constantly taking off to use my Sigma 90mm Macro, than off with that and back to Wide Angle for landscape. That 18 - 400 would do the trick. But I will take a look at 17 - 70. Hopping Tamron will create this lens for the E- mount.

Thanks

What about Sigma's 18-300 C? 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM. I believe it's available for E-mount, and while not as versatile as your desired 18-400, it should be useful for most cases, I think.

What about Sigma's 18-300 C? 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM. I believe it's available for E-mount, and while not as versatile as your desired 18-400, it should be useful for most cases, I think.
I wish, that would work for me, but the mount is only for Canon, Nikon and Sigma (Yes Sigma now makes its on camera body now) No Sony E-mount here either. Feels like this is a hole that somebody should fill. I wish someone could tell me if the Sigma MC-11 Adaptor will work well with the Tamron 18-400. It’s quite a bit of money to spend without knowing for sure if they will play nice together on my A6500.

Thanks for the suggestion.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back