hello
I hope everyone is doing great any advise for macro lens
I have two option Sony 50 mm macro f 2.8 or the sigma 105 mm macro f 2.8
kindly suggest

hello
kindly suggest
Take a look at the Meike range of lenses they are cost effective and well regarded.......

final selection will depend upon your macro use case....insects bugs, still life etc etc.....

The minimum focusing distance will play a significant role in the selection....

hope this helps..

Still have the Sigma 105 and use it in conjunction with +5 achromatic lens to get in really close. It's a very good lens by itself though.

I have both the Sony 50mm macro and the Sony 90mm macro; of the two, I MUCH prefer the 90mm, as the 50mm tends to hunt a bit when shooting in AF. Both lenses work fine in MF, though, and the 50mm is small and light enough to easily tuck into a pocket or bag when just going out for a casual excursion.

Between my A-Mount 100mm F2.8 macro and A-mount 50mm F2.8 I prefer the 100mm due to the extra working distance from the subject. I found the 50mm has to be inconveniently close too often for my uses. I use both of these on my A7RIV and find the 100mm to have a little better resolution in my opinion.

I had a sudden rush to the head on Tuesday and purchased Sony 90mm Macro. The focus hunts around a bit but I’m enjoying the lens immensely.
GJF09363.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 4000

GJF09358.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 5000

Better to use manual focus on macro with focus peaking engaged I recon.
I use focus peaking but I’m reticent as it obscures my view. I only know if it’s truly sharp once it’s on my iMac.

I use focus peaking but I’m reticent as it obscures my view. I only know if it’s truly sharp once it’s on my iMac.
Bit too late to fix it then. You can adjust the strength of it though and I find it quite useful after setting it to my liking.

Bit too late to fix it then. You can adjust the strength of it though and I find it quite useful after setting it to my liking.
I guess I will learn to trust it. Ive been using blue, but might change to red1

I agree,
Focus peaking is the way to go for field or studio macro.......suitably set it can be a tremendous benefit
to avoid the frustration of repeated failure images,as adjudged by eye to be focussed, which are not in fact focused
to the correct subject area or depth.

Peaking colour and/or intensity needs to be set appropriately, subject to studio or field lighting, as well as subject background
Colour and contrast For maximum effectiveness.

hello
kindly suggest
Which ever you get get one with the longest mm as you can because if you're taking photos of live things like butterflies, etc your lens can be farther from them and not scare them away. I use an FE 90mm 2.8 Sony G macro that also makes a great portrait lens

I don't do much macro, but I went after much research with a legacy Tamron 90mm Canon FD fit with 1:1 mag, which I use on my A9 via an adaptor. It works great for me, and just £90. The cheap price meant there's nothing much lost.
As others have said for static subjects manual isn't an issue.
That said I also took this non-static shot with it.
Bee on lavander-3 (1).jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • ----
  • 1/3200 sec
  • ISO 4000

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back