Mark Galer is not the master :D

Ban all comments that mention Mark Galer?

• Yes, he's paid by Sony to say good things and his settings are not the be all and end all.

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No, he is god.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering... What is Mark Galer's stance on lens hoods?

Edit: spelling

I'm wondering... What is Mark Galer's stance on lens hoods?

Edit: spelling
I think the better question is if he has a preset method for installing a lens hood that people can download. :unsure:

I probably should start writing at the end of my posts when I'm joking and when I'm being serious. As I guess I do joke a lot, and I also get worked up a lot... 😄

I actually truly do believe that a lens hood is almost entirely useless except for the odd occasion depending on which lens and what angle the sun is at, but I don't encounter issues whatsoever with the current lenses that I have so i can't see why I need extra bulk when there's no benefit.

I do also understand that most people do believe they're of benefit so I guess I just rant on about it to cause a bit of banter on the forum. I couldn't care if someone uses a lens hood, uses a neck strap, a monopod whatever, I'll sh*t stir about it but if you're out taking photos doing something constructive instead of sitting on the lounge being brainwashed by the television programming then you definitely have my vote.

I apologise, I guess I am probably a bit hard to read sometimes. 🙂
Clint if want to go hoodless and the clue is in your site name Deleted Member 5045 that is up to you but you know there are risks, we talked about, didnt we, dont come crying when it all goes wrong :)

4 years into Sony camera ownership, never watched/read a Mark Galer video/tutorial. I have one sitting in my "watch later" playlist, but it will probably never get watched either LOL

Clint if want to go hoodless and the clue is in your site name Deleted Member 5045 that is up to you but you know there are risks, we talked about, didnt we, dont come crying when it all goes wrong :)

I passed out and pissed myself when I was blind drunk once. Doesn't mean I wear a nappy every time I have a drink now though...

4 years into Sony camera ownership, never watched/read a Mark Galer video/tutorial. I have one sitting in my "watch later" playlist, but it will probably never get watched either LOL

Admittedly, his MotoGp shots for his A7RV review are absolutely beautiful! 🌞

He’s a great start if you’re new to Sony settings. I’ve kept some things just as he has suggested, PAL for instance, and I’ve also purchased just about every Sony Prime available, so he is an effective employee!

He’s a great start if you’re new to Sony settings. I’ve kept some things just as he has suggested, PAL for instance, and I’ve also purchased just about every Sony Prime available, so he is an effective employee!
I'm with you Gaz. Galer's program and mindset have served me well. I'm still pretty new to photography at this level and his teachings have been very valuable.

Reactions: Gaz
Ok last word from me on this, this was never really about Mr Galer or weather is videos, shots, setups, etc were good, bad or anything else, it was about the constant reference to him on so many threads. And as mentioned many times in this thread it was a bit of tongue in cheek banter, I have no doubt if learning by practice is not your route, and from many of the replies that is the case . Then you have to realise that others see things differently and I should point out that other (Sony Ambassadors are available) Thankyou members :)

Just for laughs/fun (Maybe :D)
I have created a poll. Should all references to Mark Galer be banned?
Personally, I think yes, He is a paid Sony employee, and to be honest, I don't think his settings are the best or even the best guide. The best settings are what you get results with from learning the camera and techniques, and the best way to do that is to start from scratch and work it out. What works for one, does not work for another and you can end up down a rabbit hole, but as it seems there are several people who seem to worship him I created the poll to gauge opinion, and to have a laugh.
Oooh - provocative!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back