View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Gordon

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Gordon Neech
Hi there

I'm looking for a small in size lens for my a6000. I have a Sigma 16 f1.4 and I'm looking for something more compact for cycling/street.

I already have a Mieke 35 f1.7 which I like a lot but would like to hear from anyone who's used either the Mieke 25 f1.8 or TTartisan 23 f1.4 or has another suggestion, backed by experience, for a 23-25mm lens in a similar budget price range.

Cheers

Gordon

In that budget and focal range, I bought the Tamron 24mm f2.8. It is a full frame lens, but relatively inexpensive.
It is lighter than the Sigma 16, but not by much.
It is unfortunately just as large as the Sigma 16.
It is slow to focus sometimes.

more info and sample pics if you're curious:

Gordon, what about the Viltrox 23mm? I don't have any personal experience with it, but it might suite your requirements?

Thanks for your thoughts. I've looked at both the Tamron and Viltrox, both are bigger than I'm really aiming for.

After reading countless reviews and comparisons the Mieke I'm considering appears to be as good as the TTartisan (recognising neither is perfect) but is half the price on Amazon!!

Thanks for your thoughts. I've looked at both the Tamron and Viltrox, both are bigger than I'm really aiming for.

After reading countless reviews and comparisons the Mieke I'm considering appears to be as good as the TTartisan (recognising neither is perfect) but is half the price on Amazon!!
Is it manual focus?

My current Meike 35 is manual and the 2 lenses I'm interested in both are as well...

For USD 62: https://meikeglobal.com/products/me...6-7-a6400-a5000-a5100-a6000-a6100-a6300-a6500

For USD 128: https://www.ttartisan.com/?list_10/133.html

Both these are really flat, 40mm (1.5 inches) long, which is what I'm looking for...
Have you ever considered legacy glass? There's a ton of excellent old glass out there for low dollars and the quality usually surpasses these lenses, although not as small as the ones you show. If you're interested in manual they're perfect. Cheap Fotasy or Fotodiox adapters work great. I just picked up a Fotasy Minolta MD > FE for $11 from eBay. I've had quite a few, most were for M-4/3 but some for Sony. Never had any kind of problem. Some of the old Takumars and Rokkors are fantastic lenses, not to mention all of the Canon/Nikon offerings. Just a thought.

I thought briefly about old lens as well. I'm planning to go and see my local photography guy who has mentioned them to me before.

Just not sure if I want to get into the adaptors etc plus, as before, the overall size is important.

I thought briefly about old lens as well. I'm planning to go and see my local photography guy who has mentioned them to me before.

Just not sure if I want to get into the adaptors etc plus, as before, the overall size is important.
If size is the main issue then they probably won't be your first choice. Image quality would be (typically) better than these inexpensive options. The adapters aren't a big deal, but I get some don't want to deal with them. Anyway, it's an option for you to consider.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back