Monitor brightness

Indigo_mood

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Indigo_mood
Hi all! Do you calibrate your PC / notebooks monitors? Everywhere it is written that the brightness standard is about 80-120 cd / m2. I tried to calibrate my monitor with xrite and DisplayCal and set the brightness to 120... But I feel it is dark, dim... I know it all depends on the lighting in the room, but even with neutral or dark lighting, this is very small (according to my feelings). What do you have in terms of brightness of monitors / laptops in numbers cd / m2?

In all honesty I have never done any of that. I look at my shots and if they look to be coming out okay I am happy just to leave things as they are.
I wouldn't have the 1st idea on how to do that either but I am sure with a youtube look I could find out how to do it but why make more work for myself when I am happy with what I am getting out f it as it stands.

I'm calibrated using Windows built-in calibration. Seems to work ok, but there are no numbers to go by. I have three different monitors at work and two at home, and images look fine on all five screens.

Back