Followers
Following
Name
Katherine Fisher
Country
United States
City/State
Breinigsville, PA
My monitor on my A1 is suddenly not switching to live view. I have cleaned the sensor. I have not been able to find a menu item that might have shut it off. Suggestions please?

Solution
It displays when I want to review images and all the menu. I just can't get it into live view.
Does it come back on if you hit the DISP button? You might have the option set that allows you to turn the monitor of when shooting images, but it will still display for previewing images.

Hitting the DISP button will cycle through the options you have set here.

You can customise this in the menu:
MENU → (Setup) → [Operation Customize] → [DISP (Screen Disp) Set] → [Monitor] or [Finder] → desired setting → [Enter].
Do you mean that the lcd/monitor is not displaying anything at all? If so, maybe check your Finder/Monitor settings. If these are set to VF (Manual) then only the viewfinder will work. (Setup) → [Finder/Monitor] → [Select Finder/Monitor] → desired setting. It's normally set to Auto by default.

Do you mean that the lcd/monitor is not displaying anything at all? If so, maybe check your Finder/Monitor settings. If these are set to VF (Manual) then only the viewfinder will work. (Setup) → [Finder/Monitor] → [Select Finder/Monitor] → desired setting. It's normally set to Auto by default.
It displays when I want to review images and all the menu. I just can't get it into live view.

Does it come back on if you hit the DISP button? You might have the option set that allows you to turn the monitor of when shooting images, but it will still display for previewing images.

MENU → (Setup) → [Operation Customize] → [DISP (Screen Disp) Set] → [Monitor] or [Finder] → desired setting → [Enter].

Solution

That fixed it! Thank you!

Back