The latest firmware version for the Sony A1 is now version 1.20
Firmware v1.20 Benefits and Improvements
- Adds support for FTP transfer in Active Mode
- Improves the operational stability of the camera
You can download the latest firmware from your local Sony support website. The below links will take you to the correct page to download the firmware. Make sure that you download the correct firmware for your computer (Windows or Mac).
Important note: Make sure that you read the install instructions, especially for Mac. You will need the latest Sony Camera Driver as well for a successful install on MacOS 10.14, 10.15, 11.
Previous Firmware Versions
Improvements from previous firmware versions are always included in the latest firmware version. So even if you have missed a couple of firmware versions, you only ever need to install the latest version.
- Improves overall AF performance and stability
- Improves operability when using the Remote Camera Tool app
Note: Make sure you have updated the Remote Camera Tool app to the most recent version
- Improves eye sensor detection performance with strong light sources, such as sunlight
- Improves operational stability when using the Imaging Edge Mobile apps
- Improves operational stability when using the SEL100400GM, SEL200600G, or SEL600F40GM lens
- Improves the overall stability of the camera
- Fixes an issue where a Picture Profile may be applied even though the Picture Profile feature is set to Off
- Improves the operational stability of the camera when using Imaging Edge Desktop (Remote) or Imaging Edge Mobile