Moonshot

rontr1

Followers
Following
Name
Ron E Trees
City/State
PNW
It has been a while since I have taken any pics of the moon. I just got a Sony e70-355mm lens to go with my a6400 and took a few pics last night. This one is heavily cropped.

Ron

Attachments

• DSC01561 2.jpg
    DSC01561 2.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 40
Nice, are you getting ready for the eclipse on Sunday?

I honestly had not even heard about it.

Ron

Nice, are you getting ready for the eclipse on Sunday?
According to this graph, it will be fully visible in the eastern United States. @rontr1 lists his city/state as PNW and I have no idea what that means, but if he is in the east they might get a good view, as will @FowlersFreeTime in Florida.

According to this graph, it will be fully visible in the eastern United States. @rontr1 lists his city/state as PNW and I have no idea what that means, but if he is in the east they might get a good view, as will @FowlersFreeTime in Florida.
PNW = Pacific North West I think the moon will already be in eclipse by the time it rises for him. According to that link you posted, Ron will see "Some of the total phase is visible. Misses part of total, partial & penumbral phases"

For once I'm in a good spot. I'll set-up my camera, but all I have is the 18-135, which really isn't enough reach for a decent shot 😢

Thanks for the info. I will try to look for it.

Ron

I can help here, PNW is Pacific Northwest. He lives in Washington state.

Yes, I live near Spokane, Wa.

Ah yes. As is typical, we'll be 'mostly cloudy'. Plus, it doesn't start until 10:30 for me. I plan to give it a shot but will likely be cloudy in both sky and brain...

Well, things may be looking up. Time to break out the large, overweight and underutilized but solid as a tank-trap Vanguard Alta Pro tripod.

Sunday weather.JPG

Of course there's still plenty of time for the weatherman to get it completely wrong. I should probably expect snow.

Back