Moto X Swanley

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Kevriano

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Love the mono shots especially Paul.

Reactions: Paul stuart

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Awesome shots Paul! I've not shot Moto X for a while, will have to see if there are any local events coming up. I've been to Hawkstone Park before and Matterley Basin, both great tracks.

Paul stuart

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 29, 2020
Awesome shots Paul! I've not shot Moto X for a while, will have to see if there are any local events coming up. I've been to Hawkstone Park before and Matterley Basin, both great tracks.
You should go always good value and not restricted so much by wire fencing like the premiere tracks that have major events ,i have a day booked at brands hatch for BSB but know i will limited by restriction no pit walk etc but that is covid restrictions , due to the germans and touring cars they would not race any event unless 8ft steel fencing was enforced so best views are restricted .

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
You should go always good value and not restricted so much by wire fencing like the premiere tracks that have major events ,i have a day booked at brands hatch for BSB but know i will limited by restriction no pit walk etc but that is covid restrictions , due to the germans and touring cars they would not race any event unless 8ft steel fencing was enforced so best views are restricted .
I went to Brands for the BSB a few years ago, it’s a great track and quite a few places without any fencing, just wish it wasn’t so far away from me. I went to Oulton Park a few weeks back which is a little closer to home. Silverstone is a nightmare for fencing but if you go on a practice day you can often use the camera holes and no one seems to care.

Paul stuart

Well Known Member
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 29, 2020
I went to Brands for the BSB a few years ago, it’s a great track and quite a few places without any fencing, just wish it wasn’t so far away from me. I went to Oulton Park a few weeks back which is a little closer to home. Silverstone is a nightmare for fencing but if you go on a practice day you can often use the camera holes and no one seems to care.
always go practice day less people ,more room and probably makes more sense at the moment ,i have used the camera holes before if no one is using them also purchased some fold out aluminium bench steps i am sure these will help in some parts of the track ,brands used to only have fencing on the bends ,now all over on straights as well.

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
always go practice day less people ,more room and probably makes more sense at the moment ,i have used the camera holes before if no one is using them also purchased some fold out aluminium bench steps i am sure these will help in some parts of the track ,brands used to only have fencing on the bends ,now all over on straights as well.
Brands must have changed since I was there last then, that's a pity! As much as I liked the track it's not the most pleasant drive to get to from where I am. Would love to get to Cadwell Park at some point to get some shots of the bikes going over the mountain.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.