Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
 2023.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS (SEL100400GM)
  • 100.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 12800

That's a beaut Gary!

Mahoosive ship. Do they nail them to the dock? (Nice pic btw)

More seriously (for a change). These things are amazing, and ridiculous. Basically building the biggest hotel they can on a big floating raft. I've been inside one(not to cruise, I couldn't think of a worse holiday) and they are so ostentatious. I really don't see the appeal, but the engineering that goes into them is staggering.

More seriously (for a change). These things are amazing, and ridiculous. Basically building the biggest hotel they can on a big floating raft. I've been inside one(not to cruise, I couldn't think of a worse holiday) and they are so ostentatious. I really don't see the appeal, but the engineering that goes into them is staggering.
Maybe Kev it is a case of how else can you visit 3 European countries and lots of European cities in under 2 weeks and and see the likes of Pisa, Florence, Luca, Rome, Sorrento, Naples, Cannes, Marseille, Barcelona, Palma, Ibiza, that is the appeal for most and not the steel can that gets you there

Maybe Kev it is a case of how else can you visit 3 European countries and lots of European cities in under 2 weeks and and see the likes of Pisa, Florence, Luca, Rome, Sorrento, Naples, Cannes, Marseille, Barcelona, Palma, Ibiza, that is the appeal for most and not the steel can that gets you there
Yeah, but funnily enough I was talking to a guy at work who had just been on one, and he said they got so little time in each place he felt rushed and then you were back on the ship couple of days

Yeah, but funnily enough I was talking to a guy at work who had just been on one, and he said they got so little time in each place he felt rushed and then you were back on the ship couple of days
Yep but we fly out to the cruise ships and then around the med or where ever and only had one sea day this time, I get the comments and was convinced before trying it I would hate it, but we use it as a taster for places to revisit for longer later and yes we have done all the stops before but did something different this time at each port, example Palma we went on the roof of the cathedral and the view is amazing and the construction is beyond belief, and I am from a construction back ground so it is of real interest to me, each to their own I guess Kev having had a near life ending event a couple of years ago and having had my business which I started at 16 almost wiped out by all the factors we have all seen and gone through my view is I will do what I can while I still can :)

New in Marketplace

Back