MTS MEDIA

MARK11

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
mark georgeff
Starting up again -- rebooting...re-whatever -- my solo prodco...MTS MEDIA...creating short content, commercials and narrative / documentary mixed media feature movies.
SCREENWRITING MFA from UCLA grad film school, with directing-shooting-editing a few short films and one doc while there for 3 years; crewed on 5 feature indie films and too many short films as set carpenter, painter, electrician and grip -- as bad as I tried to get my union card in 2 hectic, fast paced crewing years out of grad film shool...just didn't get that break. But...I completed 10 new genre scripts in that time and got some actually paid rewrite gigs on low, low budget features. During my 3 years in grad film school...and 2 years after...I also worked numerous construction jobs ( UNION all the way) which kept my various crew skills -- strong back; multi-tasking; following orders without complaints as a working member of every crew team. Left LA...for a much needed break...kept writing while working house remodels in the gorgeous Sierra mountains of Nevada City, Ca., -- where...out of the blue...a HALLMARK TV MOVIE crew showed up...and I got a gig -- NON UNION AGAIN against my will!!! -- as an electrician. Few weeks later, after it was done including a few days shooting in the snow and rain ( I had no probs. with but many of my fellow...LA-based only crew buddies on this shoot did...)...the Gaffer gave me his card and said if I needed work when I came to LA again...to give him a call! It was such a great experience on that shoot...and showed me...beyond a -- "SHADOW OF A DOUBT" ( Sorry Hitch) -- as much as I tried to leave Hollywood for my own thing..."they kept pulling me back in!!" ( Sorry Sir Francis Coppola...couldn't pass that up). I kept doing my own thing in the mountains for another year...and then a gig -- current -- as a media content creator with state of California -- good pay, great retirement and benefits -- came up...been doing it since. Also...more importantly...still shooting my own stuff; writing new stuff; keeping contacts with LA contacts...hit 4 major film fests and 3 major tech equipment conventions every year to make more contacts. Have sold media content -- famous California natural landscapes -- to a few ad agencies overseas they've sold to travel agencies...so, another way of keeping my skills up on top of my daily gig with the state. Current: writing my first tv pilot -- crime thriller drama while creating 2 new historical docs about state of California...which my state department contacts have expressed interest in...and doing it all with my work studio equipment -- new 1 SONY F3...2 2023 BLACK MAGIC 6K PRO super 35 frame; the 2022 "cheese grater" MAC PRO STUDIO tower and all the apps I want. Create for yourself...the world follows...it is always about the WORK first. -- mark11

Welcome Mark and thanks for joining up here! If you have any questions about the forum please don't hesitate to ask.

Back