My First Successful (sort of) Timelapse Video - Brighton Beach, Adelaide, South Australia

Richard A

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Richard Allan
Country
Australia
City/State
Adelaide, South Australia
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I don't know if anyone on here is interested but I have just uploaded my first reasonably successful Day to Night Timelapse video to YouTube:

Brighton Beach Timelapse 1

I have been experimenting with camera settings over the last few weeks and now have settled pretty much on what I need depending a bit on prevailing conditions. The video I have uploaded is not perfect but it is close to home for some testing. My testing was done over 5 evenings. Unfortunately, at this location there is too much ambient light once it gets dark but I have some other locations in mind that I will be visiting in the coming weeks.

Anyway, let me know what you think of this attempt.

Last edited:
Very nice! How long was that in real-time?

Beautiful! Quite magical to watch.

I'm off to try another Timelapse this afternoon/evening at Maslin Beach which is down the coast a bit but still a suburb of Adelaide. I will be looking south down the coast. It is still quite warm here during the day even though winter officially starts on Saturday. It was 21° yesterday. It was still 19° half an hour after sunset. The sky has been completely cloudless for a few days and almost certainly will be this evening which isn't ideal for the sunset but better for seeing the stars. There should be much less ambient light also. So, I'll see how I go...

New in Marketplace

Back