Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 14, 2020
Name
Osvaldo Chaves
Hello guys!

I'm quite new to Sony and I have some good glass from my former Canon DSLR. The only lens I have from Sony is the kit lenses, which IMHO, sucks.

I have my Canons for sale (50mm f/1.8, Tamron 18-135 and my beloved 70-300 L - I also had a 24-70 L, but it was stolen :( ), but I'm wondering if it's worth to keep them using an adaptor or sell them and buy Sony glass.

Have you any experience with adapted lenses from Canon? What do you suggest, new lenses or adapt my stuff?

I'll appreciate your feedback!

Janice

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 30, 2020
Country
United States
Hello guys!

I'm quite new to Sony and I have some good glass from my former Canon DSLR. The only lens I have from Sony is the kit lenses, which IMHO, sucks.

I have my Canons for sale (50mm f/1.8, Tamron 18-135 and my beloved 70-300 L - I also had a 24-70 L, but it was stolen :( ), but I'm wondering if it's worth to keep them using an adaptor or sell them and buy Sony glass.

Have you any experience with adapted lenses from Canon? What do you suggest, new lenses or adapt my stuff?

I'll appreciate your feedback!
Personally, I have not used Canon lenses on my Sony. However, I know of a wedding photographer who uses a Sony body with Canon lenses professionally with beautiful results. Of course, depending on mount, you may need an adapter.

Ziggy

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 6, 2020
Country
Australia
City/State
Victoria
There's a lot of experience with adapted lenses reported on older forums, eg Talk e-mount.
The person whose done a lot of testing is Alex Phan.
Canon adaptations are more successful than Nikon eg., but you can expect a slowing of AF and frame rates.
An intelligent adapter isn't cheap and can be rendered useless by a lens firmware update.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.