Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Firmware update 1.03 is now available for the A6700. It addresses the following:
  • Fixes an issue where the movie recordings weren’t recorded under certain shooting conditions
  • Fixes an issue where the camera could restart if many faces were simultaneously recognized when shooting a movies
  • Fixes an issue where the time code wasn’t always retained after a power restart
  • Improves the exposure stability when using extended ISO during movie recordings
  • Improves the operational stability of the camera
You can download and install it via the Creators App or by downloading it to a memory card.

I'll download it later tonight. Hopefully it doesn't "brick" my camera

Let others try first! Give it a week.

I'm in no hurry with the a7iv update. Nothing there for me. But even if there was, I would not rush in. Especially as Sony don't seem to think it is their job to revert buggy updates

I have done the updates for the A74 and the A6700. Both were very easy to do now that it is done in camera using an SD card. I think that there may be a problem with trying to be selective with updates in the fact that they seem to me to piggy back on one another. So, if you have version 1, you cant do version 3 without doing version 2. That's my understanding anyway. And one day, there will be an update that you really want!

I have done the updates for the A74 and the A6700. Both were very easy to do now that it is done in camera using an SD card. I think that there may be a problem with trying to be selective with updates in the fact that they seem to me to piggy back on one another. So, if you have version 1, you cant do version 3 without doing version 2. That's my understanding anyway. And one day, there will be an update that you really want!
That's quite plausible!

My guess is that there are certain milestone-feature upgrades that have to be installed before a current release.

An obvious example would be... you can't do on-card upgrade without previously installing the upgrade that enabled it.

Back