bat10d

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Don Batten
  • I have had Sony SLRs [as well as Minolta before that] and then DSLRs for over 50 years now. My current camera is now old and I want to replace it but I have a collection of Sony lenses with A rings.
  • Do I scrap my old lenses and replace them?
  • Do I get an A to E conversion ring?
  • How would the latter impact upon picture quality in a new full frame or C frame CMOS?
Don

Welcome! There are a fewof us here who shoot A-Mount lenses.

We'll want @spudhead to chime in.

You can easily shoot A-Mount on an E-Mount camera, you just need to make sure you get the right adapter.

Buy a newer camera that can use the LA-EA5 to its full potential. A7 IV, A1, A7R V, etc. It will take a bit of research, but it's worth it. I have both the LA-EA4 and LA-EA5, the 5 is well more advanced.

I shoot many A-Mounts alongside E-Mount lenses. These were all made with an LA-EA5 and a A7 IV.

The 85/1.4:
DSC00937 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

This is the 80-200/2.8 APO HS G:
DSC01943 by telecast, on Flickr

This is the 500/8 Reflex AF shooting action! Not much more fun that an autofocus reflex.
DSC02128 by telecast, on Flickr

Welcome! There are a fewof us here who shoot A-Mount lenses.

We'll want @spudhead to chime in.

You can easily shoot A-Mount on an E-Mount camera, you just need to make sure you get the right adapter.

Buy a newer camera that can use the LA-EA5 to its full potential. A7 IV, A1, A7R V, etc. It will take a bit of research, but it's worth it. I have both the LA-EA4 and LA-EA5, the 5 is well more advanced.

I shoot many A-Mounts alongside E-Mount lenses. These were all made with an LA-EA5 and a A7 IV.

The 85/1.4:
DSC00937 by Shotglass Photo, on Flickr

This is the 80-200/2.8 APO HS G:
DSC01943 by telecast, on Flickr

This is the 500/8 Reflex AF shooting action! Not much more fun that an autofocus reflex.
DSC02128 by telecast, on Flickr
As Tim says no problem with a-mount on e-mount, Tim has all the answers above newer camera lea-5, its a little different but to be honest dependent your glass many lenses give stunning results, and much of the minolta glass is really good and rendered colours are excellent

Welcome to the forum! Which new camera do you have in mind?

Back