Followers
Following
Name
Sandy
Country
United States
City/State
Astoria, Oregon
Got sucked in on eBay again and got a second copy of the Tamron 500 mm f/8.0 mirror lens. This one is the second generation which is supposed to have better resolution and color. Caution and age keep me in the house during this pandemic. I go out rarely rather than risk infection. Yes, I have had both shots and am due for a booster. But this isn't our class on General Health. What I have posted is a humble photo of the phone pole between me and the harbor. For a US$135 lens I'd say that version 2 of the Tamron is better. It also came with a UV filter fore and aft besides being in A+ condition. All I wish that version 2 had but does not is the tripod mount on the aft end of the lens.

DSC00432.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • ----
  • 1/350 sec
  • ISO 100

The lens opening is f/8.0 as that is all there is.

That's gonna be a fun lens come next full moon!

Chris said it. Mirror lenses are great for moon shots. Interesting thing to play with.

Chris said it. Mirror lenses are great for moon shots. Interesting thing to play with.

That thought has crossed my mind. On a tripod. It will be in the wee hours of the morning as that is when I get my best shot at the moon.

Last edited:
Another example of what this cheap lens can do. The Pride of America is in port again.

DSC00433.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • ----
  • 1/350 sec
  • ISO 100

I think I got my money's worth on this one. I do not often photograph things in motion so auto-focus is not needed. The A7M III indicates accurately when I have it focused so as long as I am not shooting cockfighting and similar I think I am good to go.

DSC00425.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • ----
  • 1/250 sec
  • ISO 100

Last edited:
Back