New to site, old-time Minolta/Sony AF and Sony FE user :)

lagaffe

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Patrick Mayer
Hi there,

I've been using an A7II for about 6 years now but only recently added FE mount lenses to my regular gear. Still, I'm mostly using adapted lenses for budget reasons ( call me thrifty ) or simply because I have acquired a lot of old-style gear in the last 20 years (started with a Maxxum 5, then a 7D, then A700 until the A7II currently in use).

I will gladly answer questions about using Sony A7* bodies with the LA-EA3, LA-EA4 (and its modified Monster version), and even with the LA-EA5 adapter ( planning on upgrading that old A7II to something more modern in 2022). I do have access to Minolta MD and M42 lenses as well... The A7II being an ideal platform to accommodate such a zoo ;)

As per photography subjects, I shoot nearly… Anything and everything. Birds, wildlife, landscape, a bit of portrait: anything worth noticing or not may be an interesting subject, given the right light and composition :)

Happy to join this relatively new site and will try to provide as much useful info or input as possible.

Regards,
L

Welcome from another old Minolta user.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Patrick and thanks for joining up here and offering your expertise! :)

Hi there,

I've been using an A7II for about 6 years now but only recently added FE mount lenses to my regular gear. Still, I'm mostly using adapted lenses for budget reasons ( call me thrifty ) or simply because I have acquired a lot of old-style gear in the last 20 years (started with a Maxxum 5, then a 7D, then A700 until the A7II currently in use).

I will gladly answer questions about using Sony A7* bodies with the LA-EA3, LA-EA4 (and its modified Monster version), and even with the LA-EA5 adapter ( planning on upgrading that old A7II to something more modern in 2022). I do have access to Minolta MD and M42 lenses as well... The A7II being an ideal platform to accommodate such a zoo ;)

As per photography subjects, I shoot nearly… Anything and everything. Birds, wildlife, landscape, a bit of portrait: anything worth noticing or not may be an interesting subject, given the right light and composition :)

Happy to join this relatively new site and will try to provide as much useful info or input as possible.

Regards,
L
Hi welcome I am still using my a-mount primes on e-mount namely the 300 2.8 g 400 minolta etc, how do you find the monster adaptor, I have the lae4 and 5 and had the 3 but no longer

Hi welcome I am still using my a-mount primes on e-mount namely the 300 2.8 g 400 minolta etc, how do you find the monster adaptor, I have the lae4 and 5 and had the 3 but no longer
So far so good, it's a little big when I attach the 70-200G F2.8 with 2x converter :) , but every other lens it felt fine, and all the old clunkers worked well, I have the kit lens (16-50 2.8) from, my SLTA77 and was really impressed with the speed and accuracy with the adapter, fun times ....

HI, I started with the SONY ALPHA 7 to use my collection of old Minolta, Olympus, Canon, Pentax and other lenses.
Adaptors always worked well. Recently memory card failed and photos were lost.

I started with a Kodak Instamatic on a vacation to the then Rhodesia, at around 11 years old. My mom entered a couple of my photos into a children's competition, and I won a first prize and a couple highly commended, that was the start of it. The instamatic broke a while later and went through only disposable cameras till I got to my 21st birthday, my mom gave me an Olympus Trip 35 (which I still Have), moved to a Pentax zoom and then on to a Minolta 800 Si beast, from there to the Minolta Maxxum 7D, when Milota sold to Sony, I went around buying all the Minolta accessories lenses I could find, then Moved to the Sony A700, SLT A77 and now the A7IV, the A7 IV is probably the most complex camera I have ever worked with, this body is a beast. What I like about this guy is it transfers my photos to my iPhone almost immediately, I have a NAS on my home network and am hoping I can set up the FTP to dump photos straight onto storage, I like the dual write of the A7 IV, just purchased two Ritz camera 250 Gb v60 SD cards, which I hope will carry all the photos from my upcoming trip. My Olympus trip and original case from around 1981

Attachments

• IMG_5272.jpg
    IMG_5272.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 18
Fun with MINOLTA LENS 100mm on LUMIX GX8 , MFT

Hi there,

Regards,
L
Welcome, L.

Still struggling to understand the system. Are you TERRY L. from Melbourne, I followed TERRY on you tube. Love the contributions.

Back