Dave
E Nest2.jpg
  • Sony E 24mm F1.8 ZA
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/1.7999999523163
  • 200 sec
  • ISO 1600

Nice!

I like the technical ability that has gone into the shot.

However, and there's always one grumpy pants out there, it looks unreal, because there is a light mismatch between the night sky and the foreground. It's something you would simply never see.

That said, the same goes for virtually every shot I've ever seen of the northern lights, and virtually every astro shot you see.

Brilliant shot, how did you achieve it?

I like the technical ability that has gone into the shot.

However, and there's always one grumpy pants out there, it looks unreal, because there is a light mismatch between the night sky and the foreground. It's something you would simply never see.

That said, the same goes for virtually every shot I've ever seen of the northern lights, and virtually every astro shot you see.

Brilliant shot, how did you achieve it?
Believe it or not, there has been very minimal editing of the shot. It is 20 X identical 10sec exposures stacked with Sequator to align the stars. The ocean is "soft" due to the combined 200 second exposure time. The lighting was affected by the just out of shot waning moon, and light pollution from the nearby town of Inverloch. I took them at about 3 am this morning

Back