Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Welcome to our first monthly competition for Non-Pro Members and a big thanks to @Brownie for the suggesting this.

Competition Dates
Entries start: The date that this post is published.
Entries end: May 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting starts: May 20th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)
Voting ends: May 27th at 3am Eastern Time (9am GMT)

There is no theme for this months competition so you are free to submit any image you wish providing it's family friendly!

What Do I Get if I Win?
The first place winner will receive a 12 month Pro Membership to our forum.

In the event of a draw the entry date will be extended but not past the last day of the month. If there are still equal votes for 1st then each entry will be a winner.

How to Enter + Rules
  1. Simply post your entry below. Please insert the image as full-size rather than a thumbnail so that the metadata displays underneath the image.
  2. Sony cameras only. Camera metadata must be included in the images to verify.
  3. Only submit images taken in 2023. The date must be included in the image metadata.
  4. Only one photo entry per member.
  5. Keep the photos clean and family friendly.
  6. Please don't use sky replacements or AI image generation.
How to Vote (when voting opens)
  1. Use the vote button (up arrow) to the right of the post (below post on mobile) to vote up images that you like
  2. You can vote on as many images as you like apart from your own
Feedback
I'd really appreciate feedback about how the competition is running but please don't post it in this thread. Instead please post any feedback in this thread in the Feedback Forum.

Thank you for participating and good luck!

Tim

Solution
I've been slowly working on various macro shots with water and reflections for a couple months now and I think I am starting to get some good results.
Dandelion water drops - 05132023 - 03-DN.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100
  • Admin
Please note the rules folks.
  1. Sony cameras only. Camera metadata must be included in the images to verify.
  2. Only submit images taken in 2023. The date must be included in the image metadata.
  3. Only one photo entry per member.
  4. Keep the photos clean and family friendly.
  5. Please don't use sky replacements or AI image generation.
Thank you! :)

Upvote 0
Every Sunday afternoon, in an empty parking lot along Agha khan walk in the City of Nairobi, people from all walks of life, old and young, irrespective of their religious backgrounds or political affiliations, choose to come together to practice and show off their skating skills just for fun.
Below is a photo of a skater, nickname Karash, who impressed me with his ability to skate backwards while focusing keenly on the direction he is headed.

DSC04543-Edit.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM3
  • E 35-150mm F2.0-F2.8 A058
  • 132.0 mm
  • ƒ/2.8
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 500

Upvote 3
Taken in Granada, Spain. These guys were sat at the Mirador San Nicolas with the Alhambra behind them. Bit of a crop, no edit.
DSC09976.JPG
  • ILCE-6600
  • E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 400

Upvote 3
I love travelling to Japan every now and then but was forced to hold back because of the pandemic. I was afraid of how the country may have changed after the last 3 years. But also my hype was so high that I bought a new camera ahead of the trip even if I wouldn't have enough time to learn to use it beforehand. The city of Matsue was my first Japanese stop. Upon arrival I was met by a rainy, unwelcoming evening, which only added to my anxiety. I think this picture captures exactly how I was feeling at tje moment.

A7C06844.jpg
  • ILCE-7C
  • FE 28-60mm F4-5.6
  • 28.0 mm
  • ƒ/5.6
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 3200

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've been slowly working on various macro shots with water and reflections for a couple months now and I think I am starting to get some good results.
Dandelion water drops - 05132023 - 03-DN.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM4
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/14
  • 1/160 sec
  • ISO 100

Upvote 5
Solution
A train bridge in my home town. As kids we used to jump off it into the river. The river was also an endless source of fun, forming sides and shooting at each other with air rifles.

Makes you wonder why guns are restricted in Australia!

C853F571-B738-45FB-88D1-31C2CDB508AF.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 55mm F1.8 ZA
  • 55.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 125

Upvote 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back