Norway .. (Sony A74 +Tamron 28-200) - 200 mm - F14 - ISO 100 - 1/5 sec.

Jabo

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Jan
Country
Netherlands
294530776_5397445820323609_9044121985848101810_n.jpg

Super composition, wonderful capture!

Top one is really nice!

Nice pictures of Svolvær! Did you enjoy Norway, Clide?
Beautiful country, very nice people. I don't know how I would do with no sun for long periods of time. I would definitely do a return visit. Just breath-taking geography. I have 11 days of photos to edit, and I have a new computer that I have to bring all my files over to. I really want to get to work on those photos.

I would call that a cityscape so it doesn't really matter if you break landscape composition rules. Having said that, Brownie is correct. You don't have to follow the rules all the time. Anyway, nice photo. The contrast of the warm lights with the cool sky and water always looks nice.

I would call that a cityscape so it doesn't really matter if you break landscape composition rules. Having said that, Brownie is correct. You don't have to follow the rules all the time. Anyway, nice photo. The contrast of the warm lights with the cool sky and water always looks nice.
Thanks Richard!

Amazing picture! 🤩
This reminds me of the icy planet Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back.
What are the standing discs in the back?
Thanks, Chris. There are 7 disks that were originally made by children from 7 countries - Tanzania, Brazil, USA, Japan, Thailand, Italy and Russia by Simon Flem Devold called the "Children of the World" sculpture. They were made of clay and symbolize friendship, hope, joy and cooperation. They were later enlarged and cased in Bronze. To the left is the North Cape Hall. Just above the second disc from the left is The Globe, which symbolizes the North Cape. The North Cape being the northern most point in Europe that can be accessed by road. Yes,
_DSC1306-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM5
  • FE 85mm F1.8
  • 85.0 mm
  • ƒ/6.3
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 12800
it was a cold morning there when we visited.
DSC01481.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 35mm F1.4 GM
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/5
  • 1/50 sec
  • ISO 5000

Thanks, Chris. There are 7 disks that were originally made by children from 7 countries - Tanzania, Brazil, USA, Japan, Thailand, Italy and Russia by Simon Flem Devold called the "Children of the World" sculpture. They were made of clay and symbolize friendship, hope, joy and cooperation. They were later enlarged and cased in Bronze. To the left is the North Cape Hall. Just above the second disc from the left is The Globe, which symbolizes the North Cape. The North Cape being the northern most point in Europe that can be accessed by road. Yes, View attachment 57284it was a cold morning there when we visited.
View attachment 57282
very cool!

Back