Landscape Old Royal Naval College Greenwich (panaroma)

evacguy

Veteran Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
This is a seven image, hand held panaroma.
old royal naval college-2_edited.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 100

Turned out pretty well!

Turned out pretty well!
Thanks Chris, the end points nearest the photographer appear much wider than in reality. I guess that is the panaroma effect?

Thanks Chris, the end points nearest the photographer appear much wider than in reality. I guess that is the panaroma effect?
It's the focal length used. If you did 35-50mm there's less distortion.

Amazing. Especially considering that it was handheld!

Thanks Chris, I’ll try that.
Sorry mate, I was responding on my phone so I didn't expand on that more.

The phenomenon of "end points nearest the photographer appear much wider than in reality" is perfectly natural, wasn't it Leonardo Davinci that came up with the theory of linear perspective? If you mean to say that it looks... exaggerated, or biased to the foreground, then that could be a combination of both the 24mm wide angle and the tilt/horizon of the camera. You look like you used the line between first and second floors of the buildings as your horizon, but the foreground bias might be minimized if you used the roofline as your horizon.

If you also backed up and used 35mm or 50mm maybe there would be less curvature to your perspective, but then you might not get as much of this nice scene in frame.

If you also backed up

He might get a bit wet! :ROFLMAO:

I find this image fascinating. How the line in the pavement which meets just near the photographer appears to have an almost 90-degree angle in it. I suppose that is, very simply, the sum-total angle of view of the panorama.

I also find it aesthetically pleasing. Lovely picture!

Back