Photo of the Week Challenge (52 Weeks)

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
If our 365 day challenge is just a little bit too challenging for you, then hopefully our weekly challenge will be more manageable.

You simply need to take and post a photo in this thread each week (archive shots don't count).

However, you need to keep this up for a total of 52 weeks!

Please also post which week you are on at the start of your post.

To make this challenge just a little easier I will be allowing images taken with mobile phones as well, so not just Alpha cameras. In fact, all cameras are welcome but only in this challenge thread.

Although this challenge is being launched around the new year you are free to start anytime that you like.

What's the aim of this challenge? The aim is to help you become more creative. Each photo pushes you to try new ideas, subjects and techniques that you might not otherwise consider.

I wish you all the best of luck! 🍀

And thanks again to @Clix Pix for suggesting this.

Tim

Last edited:

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Week 1/52: Scotch Bonnet Peppers. These little bundles of heat are named after their oft resemblance to the Scottish Tam (ie: tam/hat/bonnet) as you'll see in my overexposed first pic. Side note, I suck at using the little flash that comes with the a6400. The second picture shows the vibrant orange that my variety gets to when ripe, though these peppers can also be red or yellow when ripe.

DSC04730_5x7.jpg DSC04722_5x7.jpg

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 2. Black Redstart at Seaford Head last Sunday. Simply one of the best bird images I've ever taken, and a rare bird too. Great start to the year.
DSC07112.jpg

Clix Pix

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Country
United States
City/State
Northern Virginia Suburbs of Washington, DC
I'm a little late but I'm delighted to see this challenge!!! I have already begun my 2021 52 Weeks challenge, so will pop in an image from the first week and will probably add an image each week on Sundays, as that is when I usually finish up the week and review what I've shot.

Week 1:

Do You See a Little Man With a Red Visor, Arms in Positiion for Driving?.JPG

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
I'm a little late but I'm delighted to see this challenge!!! I have already begun my 2021 52 Weeks challenge, so will pop in an image from the first week and will probably add an image each week on Sundays, as that is when I usually finish up the week and review what I've shot.

Week 1:
I do see the character haha! Also, what a nice, bokeh-licious picture!

Reactions: Clix Pix

Kevriano

Veteran Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Ormesby St Margaret
Week 3! Just about managed to get some shots in this week by going to the local pond in the nice sunny weather today. Worth the trip, as the Continental (Sinensis) Cormorant has come into to breeding plumage and looks magnificent. DSC07483.jpg

FowlersFreeTime

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Posting early for a change. Took this while making thumbnails for this weekend's video. I don't love it, but its what I got to work with this week
Week 3/52 - Dinner - Jerk Pork with Rice & Peas (tastes way better than it looks!)

DSC04759_5x7.jpg

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Freightdawg

Newcomer
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Dec 20, 2020
Name
Jeff R
Country
United States
Week 2: Sad news today about Hank Aaron. Alas, I don't have a Hank Aaron bobblehead. Instead, as a commemoration, here's another Atlanta great. RIP Hank.😢

Bobble Chipper.jpg

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.