Photography Challenge - Water Photography

That doesn't look like Kennewick to me.
Actually the Egret shot was taken on a pond 2 blocks from old downtown Kennewick. :) Pelicans at Horn Rapids Dam, which is technically West Richland. Water at Ringold, across the Columbia River from the Hanford site and the calm stream is Falls Creek, north of Carson on the Columbia Gorge.

Actually the Egret shot was taken on a pond 2 blocks from old downtown Kennewick. :) Pelicans at Horn Rapids Dam, which is technically West Richland. Water at Ringold, across the Columbia River from the Hanford site and the calm stream is Falls Creek, north of Carson on the Columbia Gorge.
Where was the second shot taken, the one with the still water aand a tree nearly horizontal?

Where was the second shot taken, the one with the still water aand a tree nearly horizontal?
It is Falls Creek. We stopped on our way to Falls Creek Falls, a hiking destination north of Carson, a little town on the Columbia Gorge. Sadly, that day the creek was more impressive than the falls. I have several "stops". This was actually just a little bit up the trail from the parking area.

It is Falls Creek. We stopped on our way to Falls Creek Falls, a hiking destination north of Carson, a little town on the Columbia Gorge. Sadly, that day the creek was more impressive than the falls. I have several "stops". This was actually just a little bit up the trail from the parking area.
Cool place. It didn't have that "Tri-Cities" look to me, but I'm no Travel Agent. :sneaky:

Back