Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
A fair while back I had this young female partner that when we were together we were good.
Pointing out birds to each other and most times we never needed to talk about in what direction to go.
We just seemed to know where we were going.
Then it happened she started to become more like a 2nd wife while being the age of my daughter.
It got to the point where it was starting to get slightly nasty and I said it was time to go our own ways.

Fast forward over a year and this same one now had a little one and some how we got chatting again.
And we then went on an outing together and it was just so good have a reliable partner who knows
there is no i in team. We were back in every sense of the word but we are limited on outing's as her little one.
But it just felt so good and so right and we both had a great outing. Pointing out birds to each other.
This is a true and great partner and if you can find one who you can work with closely then you have it made.

I married mine 30 years ago.

With the Fly's we get out bush here in Summer my wife has told me more than once where I can stick going out birding.
So you are one of the lucky ones.

Nice Ralph! You deserve to have someone with you that makes that experience more pleasant and enjoyable. I couldn't imagine anything worse than having annoying people around you while you're trying to visualise your surroundings. I'm lucky I always have Liz by my side, she's just as passionate about my photos as I am..! 🌞

Nice Ralph! You deserve to have someone with you that makes that experience more pleasant and enjoyable. I couldn't imagine anything worse than having annoying people around you while you're trying to visualise your surroundings. I'm lucky I always have Liz by my side, she's just as passionate about my photos as I am..! 🌞
That must be really nice to share the same passion.

Thanks mate and you are right as I see it to as I have had someone really annoying with me and just would not shut up and then wondered why the birds were not there. So this one is a beauty to be with.
I fully agree as well.

Well in my case, my missus for one is my best friend so we just love doing anything together no matter what.

Two, she doesn't actually even have a desire to use a camera as I have already tried to get her onto it. But she's very fit like myself and loves nature and the outdoors, so anything on the camera means roaming around for hours checking out beautiful scenery. Then she has to sit with me to edit the best images after a day out too, she loves it. That's why I worded it as she is just as passionate about my photos as I am.

Liz runs some binoculars to look for birds and things. As you do again now Ralph, It's certainly a gift to have an extra set of reliable eyes on the task at hand. 🌞

Well in my case, my missus for one is my best friend so we just love doing anything together no matter what.

Two, she doesn't actually even have a desire to use a camera as I have already tried to get her onto it. But she's very fit like myself and loves nature and the outdoors, so anything on the camera means roaming around for hours checking out beautiful scenery. Then she has to sit with me to edit the best images after a day out too, she loves it. That's why I worded it as she is just as passionate about my photos as I am.

Liz runs some binoculars to look for birds and things. As you do again now Ralph, It's certainly a gift to have an extra set of reliable eyes on the task at hand. 🌞
I have had the boss out with me but very rare to see that though when she does come out she to is a great spotter. But out fly just get the better if her.
I am lucky with my old partner but new one again as she don't care about flys and stuff. She is a great spotter and has a great knowledge of bird to go with it all. In which this other female in the club is trying her best to compete with her.
Our local club if full of wanna be's who at best are only doing this to get their name in the paper for being community minded..

Our local club if full of wanna be's who at best are only doing this to get their name in the paper for being community minded..

It's all about getting those likes from strangers isn't it. That's what drives the majority of the population these days unfortunately...

It's all about getting those likes from strangers isn't it. That's what drives the majority of the population these days unfortunately...
I am not sure if it is about getting the likes I think it is more about finding the compatibility between you and the one you go with.
Some people you will just click with while other is different situations might work but out birding this could just fail as I know it has with me
and a few others.
And to this if you find the one that were it all works and there are a few little flaws just look past them and go with it.

A fair while back I had this young female partner that when we were together we were good.
Pointing out birds to each other and most times we never needed to talk about in what direction to go.
We just seemed to know where we were going.
Then it happened she started to become more like a 2nd wife while being the age of my daughter.
It got to the point where it was starting to get slightly nasty and I said it was time to go our own ways.

Fast forward over a year and this same one now had a little one and some how we got chatting again.
And we then went on an outing together and it was just so good have a reliable partner who knows
there is no i in team. We were back in every sense of the word but we are limited on outing's as her little one.
But it just felt so good and so right and we both had a great outing. Pointing out birds to each other.
This is a true and great partner and if you can find one who you can work with closely then you have it made.
Hi Ralph, I enjoyed your reading your post a few weeks ago. My daughter asked me to take her out to see eagles that gather at a dam near our home on Sunday. We got up at 5 am and arrived in time for sunrise. She takes lots of photos with her iPhone and posts on social media. She has a good eye and is a real joy to be with. She took this photo of me taking a photo of the sunrise. She sent the photo to me and it reminded me of your post. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your thoughts.
20231029-DSC09449-Enhanced-NR.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 20-70mm F4 G
  • 31.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/20 sec
  • ISO 800
IMG_4007.jpg
  • iPhone 14 Pro Max
  • iPhone 14 Pro Max back triple camera 6.86mm f/1.78
  • 6.9 mm
  • ƒ/1.8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 320

I'm extremely lucky in that my wife and I share the same passions. She loves to travel, take photographs, and we're both biased towards the outdoors.

She's not the gear tart that I am, so luckily I'm able to stash some of my stuff in her hand luggage on occasions.

She often comes up with some blinding shots that I miss, often because she uses a simpler set up and when she doesn't feel like doing the work, she's fine with switching the camera to "auto". It can be quite grounding.

Hi Ralph, I enjoyed your reading your post a few weeks ago. My daughter asked me to take her out to see eagles that gather at a dam near our home on Sunday. We got up at 5 am and arrived in time for sunrise. She takes lots of photos with her iPhone and posts on social media. She has a good eye and is a real joy to be with. She took this photo of me taking a photo of the sunrise. She sent the photo to me and it reminded me of your post. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your thoughts.
My old Partner is be far better than the things that have come to me in our area. I think a little is do with my knowledge of our area over theirs of the lack of it. Then they find a someone else from another page. And I get dropped like a hot potatoe. But if they should even ask where a certain bird is it will be met with quietness, So I just am happy to know they wiil get their payback.
I'm extremely lucky in that my wife and I share the same passions. She loves to travel, take photographs, and we're both biased towards the outdoors.

She's not the gear tart that I am, so luckily I'm able to stash some of my stuff in her hand luggage on occasions.

She often comes up with some blinding shots that I miss, often because she uses a simpler set up and when she doesn't feel like doing the work, she's fine with switching the camera to "auto". It can be quite grounding.
Sometimes my wife tries to fool me but I know she has no interest but it is nice that she does this.

Back