Pets Playing around with the new 85 and Luna

Lovely. Nice and sharp and great tones.

I really like the gentle blur that delivers. 🙂
You mean the bokeh? Yes, it's pleasing. Pretty typical for an 85. I think 85 and 135 must be the easiest focal lengths to make, it's pretty tough to find a bad one optically. For what little it's going to get used I think I'm way further ahead with this lens than one of the aftermarket offerings. I was thinking Samyang but read some stories about it missing focus, a lot. $330, shipped in mint condition with caps and the dreaded hood!

I'm up to 11 A-mount lenses now, and with judicious research and purchasing there isn't a stinker in the bunch.

No I meant blur. When I see blur I call it blur. When I see circles I call it bokeh...

Lol, you should have offered $300 without the hood... 😄

No I meant blur. When I see blur I call it blur. When I see circles I call it bokeh...

Lol, you should have offered $300 without the hood... 😄
I'm confused. Do you mean the shots look blurry, or are you talking about the background blur?

Background blur is bokeh. There's all kinds of bokeh from smooth and creamy (like this) to nervous, to balls, and evertyhing in between. Reflex lenses are known for giving little 'rings'' of bokeh due to the mirror.

Last edited:
The shots look great. I just don't like the word bokeh...
I agree 1000%. Most of my shots, I'm trying to avoid it. I want DOF. One of the disadvantages of leaving M-43. Plus it just sounds so...trendy.

Back