......in Guards Red, everything else is black and white in comparison
porsche_bwbackground-5.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 70-200mm F2.8 GM OSS II
  • 200.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/200 sec
  • ISO 2500

Is there a reason to be stopped down to f22 Ed? I'd have thought pretty well wide open would have looked superb here and also brought your ISO right down.

I do like your perspective and edit here though. It's a nice image. 🌞

Is there a reason to be stopped down to f22 Ed? I'd have thought pretty well wide open would have looked superb here and also brought your ISO right down.
I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps for the sun-star? but surely that could have been achieved at a wider aperture?

But agree that the final image is nice!

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps for the sun-star? but surely that could have been achieved at a wider aperture?

But agree that the final image is nice!
Thanks Clint and Chris. Two things, first I wanted to get as much in focus as possible, so I wanted wide depth of field. I wanted everything in focus to accentuate the black and white aspect of the shot I was planning on implementing in post. You can even read the sign on the wall over on the other side of the parking lot. And as Chris suggested, I wanted the sun-star, when I opened the shutter to f11 I lost the prominence of the sun-star. Unfortunately, I deleted my other photographs so can't compare them here.

Thanks Clint and Chris. Two things, first I wanted to get as much in focus as possible, so I wanted wide depth of field. I wanted everything in focus to accentuate the black and white aspect of the shot I was planning on implementing in post. You can even read the sign on the wall over on the other side of the parking lot. And as Chris suggested, I wanted the sun-star, when I opened the shutter to f11 I lost the prominence of the sun-star. Unfortunately, I deleted my other photographs so can't compare them here.
Ed, now that you mention it, I can read that sign in the background, and yes the sunstar is a nice touch, so I see your point(s).

Ah good stuff mate. You're the artist and you were in control. You got everything in focus in camera then you isolated the car through editing. You executed what you planned.

As I said, I'm a fan of that image. Well done! 🙂

Back