Name
Christophe Casamassima
Country
United States
City/State
Baltimore, MD
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Hi, everyone. I'm having a terrible time getting skin tones right in Lr/Ps. Many people say my skin tones look jaundiced, too yellow. These images were taken in daylight with A7IV, various lenses. Thoughts? Angel WINCE final.JPG Bev feeding Flamingos.JPG Smith grimmace.JPG

What is your white balance set to? Auto is fine, but when you edit in LR, you might need to fine tune the temperature.
Did you use a preset on the first photo?

What is your white balance set to? Auto is fine, but when you edit in LR, you might need to fine tune the temperature.
Did you use a preset on the first photo?
I always use auto. Been shooting for roughly a year now without too many color issues. But skin is tricky for me. I'm editing with a preset i created for an AGFA 100 look, which has a greeny tint to it. Experimenting with a satiny color feel.

They look like a Lightroom filter has been applied. Lightroom has settings to do that automatically on import…. which I think is what’s going on here. The colours are as if washed out. Love “choking the flamingo”. Lmfao.

If a filter is applied before you start then you’re always chasing it. I’m a newbie on Lightroom but I note I can set the import regime to apply the camera’s defaults for white balance and colour profile. To check, try importing by using the Sony Creators app.

Just for the heck of it I downloaded the shot of the kid. I had to apply a blue filter to get it to look right. Do they look like this out of the camera, or only after you make adjustments?

Back