Followers
Following
Name
Keith Horkins
Country
Canada
City/State
Ontario
I’m setting up my home studio so I can keep busy throughout the winter months..
This shot was done to see how my lighting was working. Home made table with roll of white paper and 3 Godox speed lights one behind the paper aimed at the wall and one either side, one capture and only cropped in Lightroom so I. Pretty happy with it..
96C52478-1A2D-4408-8804-1D99D913CCF2.jpeg
  • ILCE-7RM4A
  • FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/20 sec
  • ISO 400

I like the shot, dislike the background.

You've been posting a lot of these lately. Is this something you do professionally, want to do professionally, or just screwin' around?

I like the shot, dislike the background.

You've been posting a lot of these lately. Is this something you do professionally, want to do professionally, or just screwin' around?j
Just something I do for fun…
This particular shot was just to see how my lights are working.. as I go along I’ll be experimenting with gels and different types of backgrounds..
Keeps me busy through the winter.. just like the Michigan winter Orillia Ontario gets hammered so good to have something to do..

I thought I'd stumbled across a home depot page...

Looks good Keith! I’ve played around a little with product photography and the lighting can certainly be tricky to get right. I’ve got the same drill too 😀

I have tried to capture some items the size of the DeWalt, namely some handguns and I tried to photograph an old Pocket Watch. I wanted to show the subject only and this does the job. It probably entails to much preparation and material for the casual (Me) photographer but I believe you accomplished this perfectly.

I have tried to capture some items the size of the DeWalt, namely some handguns and I tried to photograph an old Pocket Watch. I wanted to show the subject only and this does the job. It probably entails to much preparation and material for the casual (Me) photographer but I believe you accomplished this perfectly.
Jeff, if you just want to do some casual shots without a lot of prep, pick up one of these. They fold flat and store easily. I have two older ones, although neither of mine are lit. If I had to do it again I'd get one with built-in lighting.

Jeff, if you just want to do some casual shots without a lot of prep, pick up one of these. They fold flat and store easily. I have two older ones, although neither of mine are lit. If I had to do it again I'd get one with built-in lighting.

My setup is a 3ft square piece of mdf on 2 plastic sawhorses and 2 poles made from old light stands and a roll of white paper from Walmart and black card from $store, all easily put away in 5 minutes..
A38BD1A5-B431-47B5-8FF7-DD77AE6D75F6.jpeg
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 back dual wide camera 5.1mm f/1.6
  • 5.1 mm
  • ƒ/1.6
  • 1/58 sec
  • ISO 500

The two I have are the pop up design, you twist and they fold into a small circle. One ends up about 20" in diameter and the other about 12", both are about an inch thick. If I had the space to leave it up like you do, your setup would be preferred.

I do have a light box and have used it.

Back