Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
Sorry for not being clear Mike. But yes, if you Google it you'll pretty much find the definition. Any photos taken in a public place really, they don't necessarily have to include people but many street shots will. This search on Flickr should provide lots of ideas: https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=street photography
After going through many of those "Street Photography" images on flickr I realize two things:
1. I don't get out much
2. Maybe that's a good thing

FowlersFreeTime

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
After going through many of those "Street Photography" images on flickr I realize two things:
1. I don't get out much
2. Maybe that's a good thing
:ROFLMAO: I was thinking the same thing. I'm working from home and not mingling on streets for a reason. But then again, even before the Coronapocalypse, I always felt a bit sheepish about taking pictures of strangers.

Jeff A

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 31, 2020
Name
Jeff
Country
United States
City/State
Elk Grove, California
:ROFLMAO: I was thinking the same thing. I'm working from home and not mingling on streets for a reason. But then again, even before the Coronapocalypse, I always felt a bit sheepish about taking pictures of strangers.
I'm a new photographer and still wondering what genre I am interesting in shooting a night photography is interesting to me. I thought I could go into the city and find lots of subjects to shoot, then I began to wonder how I would survive such a venture and still have a camera and some degree of good health. Pretty sad when you think about it.

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Malvern
Maybe in hindsight a street photography theme wasn't the best idea for this year! :rolleyes: I guess it depends very much on where you live, how busy your local city or town is and how comfortable you feel going out. I still like to visit my local city of Worcester and walk along the river where I can comfortably keep my distance from people. No need to shoot people either if you aren't comfortable with this, there are many other things like buildings, landmarks, bins, traffics lights, graffiti, transport that can be shot in the street too. Or break out the 600mm and shoot from a mile way! :)

WeeMalky

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 10, 2020
Name
Malcolm Yates
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Prestwick . Ayrshire Scotland
I was lucky enough to be the December winner. I would encourage all members to participate in the coming months ahead. Tim is doing a great job in getting this all up and running and I feel he needs our support and it also builds a good community spirit. So come on folks we see your work in all the other forums and there are some stunning shots amongst them. So let's get going in 2021 take care and stay safe 🙏

FowlersFreeTime

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 19, 2020
Name
Chris Fowler
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
I think your submission end date needs to be edited for the February competition Tim ;)

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.