Proud owner of a Sony a7 iii!

Followers
Following
Name
James Kendrick
Hello everyone, so glad to be in this group with others who have the same or similar camera as mešŸ˜‡
I could write an entire book and album bragging about my Sony a7 iii which I've had for about a month, as well as pestering y'all with questions I could likely find in the manual or appro threads.
The primary thing I currently need help with is finding a flash and which flash y'all recommend. I'd prefer something with it's own rechargeable battery to avoid depleting the two camera batteries I currently have, but will consider buying more batteries for flash if necessary.
Soooo. What do y'all use and how good is it for low or no light situations? Also, can flashes be used for video?
One other question, is there a thread for people to discuss lenses and upload pictures and videos they've taken? I currently have the default 3.5-5.6/28-70mm lense which is good for up close fairly distant shots, and the 4.5-6.3/55-210mm lens which is phenomenal for getting up close and personal with the top of a skyscraper from ground level, as well as detailed shots across the lake. Pictures of the moon were better with digital zoom in order to see the craters and details. However I'm interested in a better telephoto (zoom) lens that will truly impress me for faw away shots and capture all the details using optical zoom.
Anyways, I'll end it with that before this does turn into a bookšŸ˜‚
Thanks very much for having me here!
FYI: I bought this camera for storm chasing, nature, skylines vehcile shows, and whatever else I may find worthy of quality pictures.

Welcome to the Forum, James. What part of the country do you hail from?

Welcome to the Forum, James. What part of the country do you hail from?
Primarily Central Texas, but I just kind of roam wherever. I specialize in computer and mechanic work. Quite often I find my self in a city or state I've never been to posting local ads looking for work.
I typically sleep in my truck (good ol' Ford Freakin Ranger with over 300,000 milesšŸ˜‚) Sometimes I'll splurge for a weekly cabin rental if the price is right and there's plenty to check out in many different directions.
I'm currently on South Padre Island, but considering visiting Florida for the first time within the next few weeks or month. I certainly plan on being in tornado ally and the coast this spring and hurricane sessonšŸŒ€
How's about you?

20200709_211407.jpg
  • SM-N960U
  • 4.3 mm
  • ʒ/1.5
  • 1/10 sec
  • ISO 1250

Back