Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
After getting as I have named it the Convict Injection I went to a spot and got a few shot.
And it showed me a lot as I was on F/11 and I thought I was on F/8 or a lower number.
But the shots as I feel that turned out have done a good job.
So I need another outing and get to this F/8 and lets see.
_KRM1155.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 100-400mm F5-6.3 DG DN OS | Contemporary 020
  • 368.4 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 400
_KRM1171.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 368.4 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 400
_KRM1226.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 372.7 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 320
_KRM1405.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 342.4 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 640
_KRM1535.JPG
  • ILCE-7M3
  • 327.7 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 1/400 sec
  • ISO 640

So Ralph, what's your initial impression of the A7M3? A worthy upgrade? Your thoughts? I think it's the Best Bang for the Buck in the Sony line, but then, I am prejudiced.

I went out today and I had a spot of trouble and I know this not me but the camera.
I went to take a shot and I push the shutter button and nothing and I lifted it up to turn it around t have a look at my setting's.
And then it went click click click. Well delayed.
Then I done the same thing and nothing. I really mean nothing happened it was like it was frozen in this spot whatever it was.

So what I done was do a reset and this fixed it as it worked the rest of the day, So yep I had a smile that I got it going again.

Not to your question I know once I have fully learnt what and how to us the Back Button Focus or even if I have to go back to the out normal way.
This will be the camera I will tell everyone to but. I can see the clarity and colours of the photo's are far better that I have seen from any camera I have ever had.
From just my few outing's I am coming home with far more shots and now this make is much harder to select a photo to post cause you have so many of them.
I wanted the A9 and I read that this has got most of the feature that has got and for something like half the price.
So as I said any bad shot I get it down to me and not the camera So for me I am so much happier that I have gone this way of the A9 or the A I think it is. Let me have my A7iii and if you need back up on telling people that this is a good camera they can ask me.

When I had the A7ii I felt there was something missing from it. And that is colour and clarity.
I can even use the menu away from home so even this part is easier to learn.
Only one or 2 things I would change now and that it get a the 1.4 teleconverter or the bigger 600 weather that be the 200/600mm lens and if there is a prime 600mm lens maybe that.

The A7iii is by far the best camera I have had the honour to use. Its now the operator need to learn to get it right now.
I hope this covers what you are after.

I have just come back to say this as well. With the Sony A7ii and battery pack I would on a full day go through 4 batteries and the next 2 running down a little as well.
The larger battery on the Sony A7iii I have had 2 times out with it and not real full days but still would have been easily 2 batteries.
But the first outing I was down to 55% and today's trip down to 31% so the life of this new battery is 4 of the old batteries in one.
Just another but major plus tick to it.

Last edited:
Back