Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
A jewelry vendor from Renaissance Festival earlier this year.
After I bought a trinket for my niece, I asked the vendor if I could take a picture of her. Only during the editing process did I notice the pins at the shirt collar displaying pronouns "They" and "He". Oops on my part. But whatever, I still think they were cute, and I liked the outfit and decor overall (y)

DSC03711.jpg
  • E 17-70mm F2.8 B070
  • 32.0 mm
  • ƒ/4
  • 1/1000 sec
  • ISO 200

Cheers mate, don't want the forum police to say i'm stirring up controversy, I was merely taken aback by the contradiction.

In photography-specific terms, this was the first time a back-lit photo worked so well for me. The diffused light in the shade meant I didn't need to raise the shadows too much, and the sunlight made a nice natural spotlight on blonde hair.

Cheers mate, don't want the forum police to say i'm stirring up controversy, I was merely taken aback by the contradiction.

In photography-specific terms, this was the first time a back-lit photo worked so well for me. The diffused light in the shade meant I didn't need to raise the shadows too much, and the sunlight made a nice natural spotlight on blonde hair.
Looks pretty good!

Ever try fill-flash for a shot like this?

Looks pretty good!

Ever try fill-flash for a shot like this?
Thanks! I don't make a habit of carrying a flash, even though at times like this, I clearly see it would have been beneficial. I admit that I am very inexperienced with the use of flash, both onboard and external.

Thanks! I don't make a habit of carrying a flash, even though at times like this, I clearly see it would have been beneficial. I admit that I am very inexperienced with the use of flash, both onboard and external.
Does your camera have a pop-up flash? If you open the flash on that camera and set it to Fill, it will do everything for you. That little flash has enough oomph to provide some fill. I use FF quite a bit at outdoor car shows. Shooting into the evening sun with the cars parked in the shade is a pain.

Does your camera have a pop-up flash? If you open the flash on that camera and set it to Fill, it will do everything for you. That little flash has enough oomph to provide some fill. I use FF quite a bit at outdoor car shows. Shooting into the evening sun with the cars parked in the shade is a pain.
The a6400 pop-up flash is so dinky, this particular lens blocks part of the light with or without hood attached. Next time, I'll try to use the flash if I have a smaller lens on me.

The a6400 pop-up flash is so dinky, this particular lens blocks part of the light with or without hood attached. Next time, I'll try to use the flash if I have a smaller lens on me.
Distance counts! The further away you are the better. It should still be enough to help light a face. Anyway, worth a try.

Back