Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
I'm hoping for the new camera, whatever is it. My interest is piqued. The A7cII and A9III are already expected. While it'll be fun to see the features, I'm most interested in seeing what this new hi-res full frame camera will be.

Retro 2mp sensor with all the latest AF.

A7cII, 33MP, and a 'new' A7cR, 61MP.

So utterly disappointed in this hi-res release, not even going to post a link. The info is on the SAR website.

A7C-R... who is this for? Leica-lovers who like high megapixels in a rangefinder style?

It seems almost counterintuitive to announce and release three compact cameras in a row, doesn't it? 6700, A7CII and A7CR. Are they expanding their catalogue or narrowing it?

It seems almost counterintuitive to announce and release three compact cameras in a row, doesn't it? 6700, A7CII and A7CR. Are they expanding their catalogue or narrowing it?
I agree and I think the A7C-R is a mistake. The A7C was meant as a compact body to complement the A7 line-up; adding a high res version seems like brand-dilution?

I agree and I think the A7C-R is a mistake.
Of course some will like it, but the majority of comments seem to support your viewpoint.

They're doing it because it's free. They already have everything they need, just put it in the rangefinder style body and sell it. They won't need to sell many to be profitable because the R&D was already paid for by its predecessors.

Say they have an A7C II with the 33mp sensor. Then an A7C-R with the 60mp. Seeming that the R should have compressed RAW options, wouldn't that make the II basically redundant. Assuming both have the new pretend AI autofocus system too, although not an assumption it's a given...

Say they have an A7C II with the 33mp sensor. Then an A7C-R with the 60mp. Seeming that the R should have compressed RAW options, wouldn't that make the II basically redundant. Assuming both have the new pretend AI autofocus system too, although not an assumption it's a given...

I'm guessing that the A7CR will have a different design, not rangefinder and probably not as compact as the A7CII, appealing to other users who opt for a more traditional Alpha design.

I'm guessing that the A7CR will have a different design, not rangefinder and probably not as compact as the A7CII, appealing to other users who opt for a more traditional Alpha design.

sh*t is getting weird brother...

Say they have an A7C II with the 33mp sensor. Then an A7C-R with the 60mp. Seeming that the R should have compressed RAW options, wouldn't that make the II basically redundant.
Redundant? Nope, that would just feed into Sony's price segmentation strategy: A Sony camera for anyone at any budget [said sarcastically]

Next on the roadmap are the A9R and the A1C... Or maybe an A1S

I doubt it. Since the 'c' stands for compact, putting in a full-size body makes no sense. Then again, it might fit well with Sony's current logic.

Back