Sony A7 IV Save Auto Review setting in Memory Bank?

Clive Blair

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Clive Blair
Country
United Kingdom
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I'm having trouble saving the auto review settings in the memory bank of my A7IV. Along with other settings, I'm trying to save "no auto image review" under memory bank "1" and "2 sec image review" under bank "2".

All my other settings are registered ok, except for the auto review setting. Whatever my last settings were, that holds, no matter what memory bank I turn the dial to.

Can anyone help me as Im guessing I'm missing something?

I'm probably not using the right terminology. I'm trying the describe the 3 memory settings that be recalled by turning the main dial to numbers 1, 2 or 3.

This is just a wild guess, The mode dial is for recording images, the settings you're referring to are for playback.

Maybe check the online help guide:

Top of this page: Blog & Resources > Cameras > A7 IV Manual > Online Help Guide.

I'm referring to the main dial on the top right of the A7iv that has M, S, A, P, Auto, 1 ,2 and 3 on it. I called the numbers 1, 2 and 3 the memory bank, as once set up, by turning the dial to either of those numbers you can quickly recall certain camera settings. I've already registered some settings under number "1" so that the camera will save files as raw to card 1 and a jpeg copy to card 2, aperture priority mode, auto ISO. With dial "2" my camera is set to iso 1600, manual mode, with other settings different from dial "1".
As part of the settings I'd also like to save under number "2" is the ability to automatically review each image for 2 sec after taking it, but I'd like the review turned off when the dial is set to number "1"
I know I can turn it on/off in the menu system, but this is just one of several specific settings I'd like to recall, and the whole point of those 3 memory recall settings is to save you having to alter several settings for each shooting scenario.

I'm referring to the main dial on the top right of the A7iv that has M, S, A, P, Auto, 1 ,2 and 3 on it. I called the numbers 1, 2 and 3 the memory bank, as once set up, by turning the dial to either of those numbers you can quickly recall certain camera settings. I've already registered some settings under number "1" so that the camera will save files as raw to card 1 and a jpeg copy to card 2, aperture priority mode, auto ISO. With dial "2" my camera is set to iso 1600, manual mode, with other settings different from dial "1".
As part of the settings I'd also like to save under number "2" is the ability to automatically review each image for 2 sec after taking it, but I'd like the review turned off when the dial is set to number "1"
I know I can turn it on/off in the menu system, but this is just one of several specific settings I'd like to recall, and the whole point of those 3 memory recall settings is to save you having to alter several settings for each shooting scenario.
Again, the settings you refer to are in playback, and I'm not certain they can be saved as part of a shooting mode. I don't know that for sure, but it's a guess. Maybe look into that a little deeper.

The dial you refer to is the 'Mode' dial. The 1, 2, and 3 are called 'Custom Modes'.

Thanks for the clarification on terminology. I've already been able to save different camera shooting settings on the Custom Modes 1 and 2. So far the only setting I've not been able to save is image "auto review". That's where I'm looking for some help.

I turned auto image review off and I’ve never been delayed by it since.

Do you want to toggle it on and off? Put it in the My Menu group so you can grab it easily.

Since switching it off I now review my images with purpose as opposed to being forced to.

I tried putting in the My Menu group but not every setting can be added, including (as far as I could see, but I might be wrong) auto image review.
If I've missed it, please explain how to add it there. Thanks.

Ok. Follow these steps:

Menu
My menu setting | add item
Select Yellow menu | Display Option | Auto Review
My Menu1 | ok | ok

It will display a response “added”

I keep it off usually. With frantic clicking it holds me back.

Ok. Follow these steps:

Menu
My menu setting | add item
Select Yellow menu | Display Option | Auto Review
My Menu1 | ok | ok

It will display a response “added”

I keep it off usually. With frantic clicking it holds me back.
You're a star!! Thank you!!

I really wish Sony would make it clear which settings can be stored to memory and which can not, it's still a mystery to me. If anyone's aware of a spreadsheet or anything that would be amazing. Mark Galer touches on it briefly in some of his guides (see note), but nothing comprehensive:

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 11.00.54 AM.jpg

Back