Followers
Following
Name
Jeffery Small
Country
United States
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Are people using the Sony PCK-LG2 screen protector on their A7 cameras? How does it attach? I haven't used one since the Minolta days and that one clipped on and constantly fell off, getting lost!

I never bother with them anymore. I also rarely (if ever) use the touchscreen features. I have them disabled.

I never bother with them anymore. I also rarely (if ever) use the touchscreen features. I have them disabled.
I know what you mean. I almost never use the screen on the A77, doing everything through the viewfinder. Of course, it didn't have a touch-screen, but I don't know if that's an incentive to use it.

In my experience, the LCD screens on the back are so robust that a screen protector is unnecessary. Honestly that is the last part of my camera that would ever show signs of wear. Unless you intentionally gouge your screen with a knife, I can't see a protector being of much value.

I have one, but it's about the third, and they break far more easily than the actual LCD, and I think it's just where I catch the edge with the strap when putting it in the backpack. I'll not replace the current one.

I just buy cheap sticky-on protectors from amazon. I wipe my screen and the last thing i want is permanent swirl marks on it.

Thanks for the feedback. After I posted I did see that there is a PCK-LG3 screen that is properly sized for the larger sensors on the more recent cameras. As with my last cell phone, I'm leaning towards not installing a protector, but I am still curious how these attach. Do the screens have a peal-and-stick backing across the entire face? If so, I'm even more reluctant to use one because I've never seen a screen protector installed this way that didn't get some air bubbles trapped and those would perpetually annoy my OCD! :)

Yes they are peel and stick. The Sony are overpriced for what they are. Install is a breeze and they’re glass so it’s almost impossible to get an air bubble. Air bubbles are relics of the plastic film protector days. Or a rogue dust particle.

Thanks, just ordered it.
It’s a 2 or 3 pack. Fit is really good. I put mine on in the bathroom after running a really hot shower for a few minutes to keep the dust down. Like it up on one end then slowly lay it down to make sure it stays lined up. Worst case, if it goes on crooked, you have another one to try again!

Back